Fantastic Entry Level Merchandising Role - Allocator - Leading Luxury Footwear Retailer
The Dune Group is the leading “premium affordable” fashion footwear and accessories retailer in the UK. With approximately 45 stores and 150 concessions in prime High Street and shopping centre locations across the UK and Ireland, The Dune Group has built a strong reputation for offering exciting and desirable products. Our brand portfolio includes Dune, Bertie, and Pied a Terre.
Friendly, fast-paced and incredibly dynamic our Central Support Office is a challenging and extremely rewarding place to work. Our head office teams are sassy, talented and share a common love of retail and most importantly our brands! They are all dedicated to giving 100% in every aspect of their role and play just as hard as they work! Personality is just important as talent; we want people who are excited by what they do and aren’t afraid to speak up and shout about how we can improve things!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an allocator to join our busy merchandising team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to seeking their first steps within merchandising to join a leading high street retailer. The role will involve supporting the Merchandising team by ensuring accurate and effective distribution of stock to all dune group sites and providing analytical and administrative support.
- Accurately distribute new lines to stores using the Range Plan set by the Merchandiser
- Accurately replenish existing lines to stores using company procedures
- Identify issues and recommend solutions gaining approval as necessary
- Aptitude to analyse numerical data, identifying issues and trends interpreting results to provide sound recommendations for the business.
- Keep up to date and have an excellent knowledge of company best and worst selling lines
- Keep up to date of how stores are performing. To support Merchandise by maximising sales potential in each store through use of reports and responding to requests.
- Conduct regular store visits, reviewing visual merchandising, management of product, branch sales data and store environment
- Maintain a good knowledge of company performance e.g. profit, LFL figures etc
- Understanding phasing and key calendar implications e.g. bank holidays
- Competent in using all merchandising systems for allocation and analysis
- Excellent knowledge of all basic merchandising principles
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Have a professional approach, being honest and tactful and displaying self motivation and enthusiasm
- Team player
- Plan and priorities workload in line with the needs of company and Merchandiser
- Excellent staff discount
- Participation in the Company bonus scheme
- Annual travel loan
- Life assurance