London - New York - Singapore
Product category: Womenswear, Menswear, Footwear and/or Accessories
As Fashion Buyer within the world’s largest e-commerce fashion retailer you will be globally buying FULL PRICE product; this is not a discount or end of line clearance company. You will be working with the best people and the most high profile and exclusive worldwide brands from mid-market through to luxury whilst meeting principals of brands around the world.
This is an incredibly rare opportunity to have the freedom to shape a buying team and establish the direction of your category. Accordingly you should be both trend-driven and commercially aware, with an excellent understanding of the world’s fashion industry. Outstanding relationships with distinctive brands are a requirement as a major focus will be to develop supplier partnerships and strategies.
Identify key seasonal trends relevant to specific country markets.
- Source, select and purchase appropriate branded merchandise, in a required time frame and in line with the company merchandise strategy.
- Build sound and lasting partnerships with brands.
- Ensure the merchandise direction, quantification and forecasting is in line with company financial objectives and budgets (including devising and adhering to range and option plans).
- In Season Trading – in conjunction with the planner, monitor and take accountability of weekly sales and profit and responding to the product performances with effective merchandise strategies.
- Working with a buying plan, to ensure maximization of sales and inventory control.
- Conducting and presentation of post seasonal and mid seasonal reviews to include missed opportunities and further potential successes.
- Negotiation of buying and settlement terms.
- Proactively conduct competitor analysis to ensure a competitive advantage.
- Proactively recommend initiatives to continuously improve product ranging.
- 4-6 years recent experience as a Brand Buyer sourcing and purchasing Menswear, Womenswear, Footwear or Accessories.
- Exceptional relationship management and negotiation skills.
- A well developed eye for spotting winners and identifying product opportunities.
- Great time management skills.
- A bubbly personality, high level of enthusiasm and commitment.
- Results driven and impact oriented.
- Exceptional well connected within the fashion industry.
NB. Only successful applicants will be notified.