This job is no longer available
Started just over 3 years ago, SurfStitch Australia is on a rapid growth curve with an ambition to be the world’s number 1 destination of surf and street fashion online. In the next year alone, SurfStitch will launch multiple single-brand and multi-brand websites in Australia and new territories such as Europe as well as introduce technological innovations for bricks & mortar retail.
As our business targets are set high, SurfStitch needs the staff to match the business’ aspirations. Working at SurfStitch offers a unique opportunity to work in a dynamic and invigorating work environment where you can rapidly develop your knowledge and skills, take ownership and make a genuine difference in the success of the business.
As the Ladieswear Buyer for SurfStitch Europe you will be responsible for buying all ladies apparel, accessories and footwear to cover the online banners under the SurfStitch umbrella. This unparalleled opportunity will catapult you into the forefront of Surf/Action sports e-tail, giving you the chance to work with a highly motivated team backed by SurfStich’s prior success in Australia.
There will be opportunity to grow rapidly with the business including European and global travel.
You will be based in Hossegor S.W France “Surf capital of Europe”, reporting to the Buying Manager. With a passion and understanding of E-Commerce you will develop a buying strategy for Ladies wear that fits the market position of SurfStitch, whilst captivating the consumer with trend-led product and new ideas.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Selection of all Ladies products to fit profile & budget for indent orders
- Present range and brand opportunities to Buying Manager
- Closely monitor sales looking to capitalise on opportunities & emerging trends
- Develop relationships with all suppliers to ensure Surfstitch is in the best market position
- Brief and co-ordinate with content team to deliver collection message through marketing and site presentation
- Review, in collaboration with the Head Buyer, all KPIs relating to the online store
- Complete market evaluation and collect all relevant information regarding market tendencies and forces
- Manage the OTB in collaboration with the Buying Manager
- Oversee Markdown strategy in your department reporting to Buying Manager
- Support sales meetings and PLMs of GSM group brands as required
You will be a highly motivated buying professional who can clearly demonstrate their commitment to fashion buying through prior career decisions & training.
Ideally you will have an e-commerce background with a passion for on-line sales.
Confident to work unassisted whilst comfortable to be a team player with shared responsibilities.
Prior knowledge of the Young, Fast Fashion and branded Surf/Skate/Street market is preferred but not essential
You must be bilingual French/English
Intermediate or above user in MS Excel with confidence in reporting and analysis of sales/stock data