This is an exciting MAT Cover opportunity for a Trims Buyer to join an established and fast paced supplier to the mid-market high street retailers.
They are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic individual who specialises in Womenswear with supply background.
- Working across styles for key accounts
- Work closely with internal teams, confident in providing necessary fabric and testing knowledge whilst also working closely with the testing labs, mills and production factories off shore ensuring customer quality standards are achieved.
- Liaise with manufacturers regarding fabric prices and order placement. Checking all fabric hand, weight and colours upon receipt of fabric lengths.
- Order and manage sampling for sample room and initial testing.
- Responsible for all cloth base and bulk testing. Receipt and processing of test results, uploading of results on to retailers designated site and approving test reports and wash care so production team can order labels.
- Support other fabric buyers with arranging bulk fabrics and follow these through to ensure all standards are achieved to a commercial standard.
- Communicating effectively with off shore mills to ensure successful delivery of all sample and production fabrics.
- Responsible for troubleshooting any cloth issues.
- Work with production factories and the sample room to adjust layouts, width or direction to improve yields.
- Communicate all instructions to mills and production factories.
- Responsible for introducing a successful new procedure to reduce fabric shortages and faults in the long term.
- Strong product knowledge
- Good numerical skills
- Commercially aware
- Excellent presentation skills