Menswear Communications Manager
Stella McCartney is part of the Kering Group, a world leader in apparel and accessories which develops an ensemble of powerful Luxury and Sport & Lifestyle brands.
The Stella McCartney label was launched in 2001.
As a lifelong vegetarian, Stella McCartney does not use any leather or fur in her designs. A signature style of sharp tailoring, natural confidence and sexy femininity is apparent in all her collections which include women's ready-to-wear, accessories, lingerie, eyewear, fragrance and kids collections. In addition to the main line, Stella McCartney has a long-term partnership with adidas for the sports performance collection "adidas by Stella McCartney".
The Menswear PR Manager, will coordinate across the communications functions on all menswear communications related activities and initiatives worldwide.
The Menswear Communications Manager will work with the PR, social media, marketing, visual, events and e-commerce teams on maintaining the Menswear category communication strategies.
- Working across the communications, merchandising, design, creative and e-commerce departments to develop, implement and execute an effective communications strategy in line with the brand and the creative director's vision for the menswear category.
- Work with the worldwide PR team in securing excellent quality and quantity media coverage in target media
- Work with the Worldwide PR Director on all Menswear initiatives adding valuable input into ways of approaching and targeting desired audiences
- Strategize and deliver Menswear communication needs and identifies opportunities to maximize the categories exposure through the relevant media
- Work with the PR teams on opportunities for Menswear across different media's
- Ensure that the Menswear brand tone and voice is maintained through communications content
- Executes daily tasks related to Men's project, coordinating with global teams
- Develop content copy for press materials
- Provide support in production of corporate imagery - ad campaign, look book
- Co-ordinate, manage and promote relevant menswear brand events with the support of the events team.
- Managing the menswear gifting and samples with the support of the PR Services team (gifting) and the PR team (samples)
- Manage recording and evaluation of press coverage throughout the year
- Highlighting any potential business and partnership opportunities
- Monitoring trends and ideas for future development
- Act as an ambassador of the brand at all times
- Supervising press assistants in their tasks as well as to delegate and nurture their development
- A dedicated US Menswear communications coordinator (US Communications Specialist, Menswear) will also support the Menswear Communications Manager for all US market functions, activities and initiatives while reporting to the regional PR Manager.
Knowledge and experience to include
- Prior PR experience either in-house or agency preferably with Luxury fashion brands
- Previous project management experience in similar field/ role
- Key press knowledge
- Innovative style of working
- High level influencing skills
- Highly organised with excellent analytical and decision making skills as well as being results focused
- Able to multi-task and deliver on a variety of projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Educated to degree level in a related field desirable