eCommerce Assistant Merchandiser
An exciting opportunity for an Ecommerce Assistant Merchandiser to join a leading British womenswear brand to be responsible for supporting the Online Trading Manager. You will be responsible to deliver the sales plan for the season, through ensuring on time launch, driving cross and up sales and ensuring the site is merchandised to optimise sales.
Trading & Reporting:-
- Ensure up to date knowledge on weekly plans, forecasts and trading activity for the web channels and third parties (for the forthcoming week and performance for the previous week).
- Support the Online Trading Manager to identify reasons for performance and opportunities to make the good better and to rectify poor performing areas
- Report the weekly web and company bestsellers for web channels and third parties to the Online Trading Manager every Monday, ensuring they are all online
- Support the Online Trading manager with the Monday trading pack for web channels and third party performance, product launch and trade notes for all web channels
- Awareness of when own web channels and third parties go into promo/sale. Ensure the web channels and third parties reflect the messaging. Update the marketing calendar with date changes and inform retail ops of any changes
- Advise and recommend to the Marketing and Creative teams products for planned emails, ensuring stock is checked and categories are merchandised according to email activity identified by the Digital Marketing Manager and Online Trading Manager
- Work closely with merchandising weekly by co-chairing the Merchandising and E-comm meeting.
- Report on missing imagery, changes on site and request from merchandising allocations that week and third party delivery/stock availability updates
- Accountable for preparing all products and third parties with full and correct web attributes, ensuring; ensure none are missing for launch by entering into
- Monitor product launch along with support from the Online Trading Manager. Ensure the weekly launch rate hits 96% for newness into the DC, updating and liaising with buying and creative to alert when products are in stock not live
- Approve and publish content rich information to the website, including but not limited to Banners, Homepage and footer pages. Working with the Online Trading Manager and Creative to ensure imagery is in line with current trade/season messaging
- Adjust the merchandising of key product pages daily and weekly with guidance from the Online Trading Manager and wider trading directives.
- Check site merchandising, imagery and coverage daily on all third party sites to ensure they’re optimised in line with store and trade initiatives. Ensure bestsellers are sent to all third parties weekly to push higher up on site
- Ensure availability is of a high standard and meets KPI’s for and all third parties.
- Ensure stock isn’t considered ‘OOS’ when it isn’t coming back in to stock, or allocations are missed. Work with merchandising to avoid this
- Be the main point of contact for the Customer Service team for product enabling and product information, informing CS when items are offline if faulty/missing an image/stock issues
- Accountable for loading all third party product imagery and monitoring all missing image and missing copy; send missing imagery weekly to the Online Photography Coordinator
- Ensure product and content rich images are supplied in the correct format and the naming convention is accurate for the websites and third parties
- Through clear and regular communication, be known as the web production point of contact for the brand(s)/areas managed
- Continue to work on communication with key departments in the business especially - Merchandising, Garment Tech, Buying, Creative. Customer Services and Marketing with support from the Online Trading Manager
- Prepare clear actions and feedback for third party conference calls, leading these when needed
- Communicate issues with launch and on site content changes in key meetings
- Excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills and excellent organisational skills
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel and Microsoft Skills - dealing with large data sets
- Experience of working within a content management platform, e.g. GA and V-Look Up
- Experience of working with and across large internal and external departments
- A flexible approach to meet the needs of the business
- Strong written English