Our Client a world class Retailer has a vacancy for a Fabric Technologist. The position will encompass some elements of mens, womens and childrenswear. Reporting to the Fabric Manager, the successful candidate will support the buying, design and merchandising teams, drive fabric innovation and quality standards to deliver in the Brand’s Technical strategy. Previous experience in fabric technology is preferred but not essential for this role. Candidates with accessories or hosiery will also be considered.
- Assist in the delivery of the Technical strategy
- Ensure that the submission process for fabric approval is adhered to and all aspects of the fabric meet the required performance standards.
- Assist in the product development process through completion of wearer trials and competitor comparison
- Deliver innovation on fabrics by visiting key fabric fairs and working with major fabric mills to drive newness in your product areas.
- Works closely with the supply base and off shore offices to achieve quality standards.
- Provide advice on sourcing routes and opportunities to reduce cost and improve quality.
- Analyse customer returns to identify patterns and formulate a corrective action plan.
- Improve the number of right first time fabric test reports to improve efficiency
- Work in partnership with buyers, merchandisers, designers to drive an efficient critical path.
- Understand the customer needs through regular store visits.
- Manage or participate and contribute to relevant technical projects.
Skills and Experience
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Textile Technology
- Previous experience as a Fabric Technologist. Candidates from a Retail or Manufacturing background considered
- A sound knowledge of fibres, yarns and fabrics; their properties, standards and testing requirements. Knowledge of legislation for Fabric technology is an advantage but not essential for this role
- A pro-active and positive attitude with a strong commercial awareness
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently as part of a team
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323 or visit our website www.q-hq.co.uk. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.