Denim Product Development Manager
This is a really exciting opportunity for a technically sound, denim specialist to join a globally recognised brand. I am looking for someone with solid experience in the development of denim products (ideally jeans and jackets), with a strong technical understanding of garment construction.
After the initial designs have been done by the Design Department you will then take control of the garments, managing the process right through to production stages.
A very varied role which offers the right person the opportunity to get their teeth into a fresh challenge in a position they can make their own.
Denim Product Development Manager - The Role:
As Senior Garment Developer for bottoms & denim jackets you will manage the entire garment development process after initial design stages through to final approval.
- Continuously compare developments to the line plan and highlight any potential issues (fit / style / fabric / finish).
- After the Designers have done the research and initial designs you will then manage the process from that point, completing all technical packs (setting up specs, drawings, measurements and patterns); you will liaise with the Design Department and Technical team closely throughout.
- Drive supplier visits to support on-site development of new collections.
- Ensure that you are developing the product to cost –taking into consideration every aspect of the product and working within set budgets. You must plan costings (target, brief, proto type, bulk samples) including lead times, minimums & up charges and identify opportunities to improve cost
- Orchestrate fittings in-house and on-site and ensure attendance from key departments.
- Drive & ensure on time delivery of prototypes and samples.
- Work to improve quality standards at all time and organise technical meetings with quality control & sourcing on a seasonal base.
- Evaluate suppliers and their performance towards KPI’s, quality and on time delivery together with Development Manager and Product Director.
- Travel extensively (roughly 10-15% of your time) to factories, mainly in Bangladesh, in order to develop products/ensure quality etc.
Denim Product Development Manager
- Strong Denim knowledge and background within the fashion industry with a minimum of 3 -5+ years’ experience.
- Excellent garment/construction knowledge.
- Strong skills to translate input/ideas/briefing into development packs.
- Ability to work in multicultural environment.
- Language skills: fluent English, verbal and written. Any other European language is an advantage.
- Clear understanding of development process and communication with all departments (design/merchandiser/ supply chain/supplier).
- Achievement motivated and result oriented. Always knows where the goal is. Thinks in terms of progress toward goals.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritise and manage diverse activities simultaneously.
- Demonstrates high level of presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong knowledge in Excel. Illustrator knowledge is a big plus.
- Available to travel on a regular basis (10-15%).
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.