Footwear Designer (Freelance) - Topshop
Meetings, mood boards and strategy - it's all in a day's work here at head office. No time to sit back on our heels, this is the hub that powers everything we do. From fashion-forward designers to in-the-know buyers, our team at Topshop Topman HQ is unrivalled for talent. It's fast-paced, exciting and the perfect place to build a career in fashion. Join any part of the business, from Marketing to Finance, and you will shape the future of the most directional brands on the high-street.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced shoe designer for a freelance role working with our in house design team.
A role at Top Shop is a fast paced, challenging and innovative working environment. The key to our success is our people and becoming part of this inspiring team is a fantastic opportunity.
As a designer at Top Shop you will be working to ensure we are first in identifying emerging trends and translating these into fashion pieces our customers will love.
You will work closely with the buying teams and our suppliers to ensure you capture the seasons must have pieces to excite and delight the customer.
• You will be responsible for the design and development of the core shoe range from concept through to final sample with guidance from the senior shoe designer.
• Working closely with the buyer you will help to develop a product strategy to deliver a successful range.
• Strong interpretations of trends into commercial designs into keen price points.
• You will be covering a variety of styles within this area across this range
• Identifying street trends that represent the Top Shop customer
• At least 3 years design experience in footwear from a retail or supplier background.
• An understanding and ability to recognise emerging trends
• Knowledge of cad would be beneficial
• Experience working with factories specifically far East and India
• A casual handwriting and some sports would be an advantage
• Ability to strongly interpret trends and designs for the Top shop customer within keen price points
• Strong enthusiasm for Top Shop as a brand
• Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate confidently at all levels.
• Strong knowledge of working with both synthetic and leather product
From bonus schemes to season ticket loans, that make your commute a little easier, we offer a range benefits here at head office. We make the most out of our staff discount across The Arcadia Group and a range of brands externally.
As well as this we have lots of exciting things that happen throughout the year, to say a big thanks for all the hard work our great teams put in.