1 day left
- Job Type
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Fabric Manager with a proven background in textiles / fabric manufacturing for a quintessentially British heritage brand. We are looking for an experienced Fabric Manager to join the brand and manage and control the quality of all raw materials at their Keighley mill and partners.
You will be responsible for effectively implementing sustainability projects within internal manufacturing as well as ensuring the manufacturing processes comply with standards at both national and international level.
FABRIC MANAGER- Responsibilities:
- Determining in-house quality procedures, standards and specifications for fabric manufacture
- Implementation of Quality Systems covering all stages of the production process
- Liaison with suppliers of raw materials to specify requirements
- Directing objectives to maximise profitability
- Writing management and technical reports and determining training needs
- Effectively Implement Project 20:20 within Internal Manufacturing
- Manage and effectively report on quality of Raw Materials and Fabric stocks
- Assessing brand requirements and ensuring that these are met
- Maintaining and co-ordinating complaints system including corrective actions
- Working with operating staff to establish procedures, standards, systems and procedures
- Acting as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality
- Recording, analysing and distributing statistical information
- Supervising QC technician
- Manage internal laboratory & fabric inspection department
- Assist on quality complains from Vendors
- Auditing, validating and distribution of quality statistic
FABRIC MANAGER– The Person Specification
- Textile Engineering Degree in Materials and/or Chemicals or relevant studies
- Previous experience within fabric manufacturing, working in/with mills with a knowledge of the process from raw materials to finished fabric is essential
- Experience in dye, spinning, weaving would be advantageous
- Ability to assess and identify correct machinery, implement quality standards and systems for fabric manufacture
- An understanding of the garment manufacturing process
- Attention to detail
- Self-starting and able to manage a team
- Ability to prioritise and focus on the team workload
- Ability to be pragmatic, commercial and realistic whilst not compromising standards
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
Apply for Fabric Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly