A large international fashion business based in Hertfordshire is looking for a Boyswear Designer/Senior Boyswear Designer. The role will suit someone with background in boyswear/menswear. The role focuses on younger to older Boyswear across multi products including woven, sweat and jersey.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Range building keeping in mind the end customer of the retailer.
- Guiding buyers on market trends.
- Presenting ranges, mood boards and research to customers/buyers and external design teams.
- Close regular communication with factories in the far east including India
- Developing and sourcing new trims and fabrics
- Carrying out trend research and analysis and creating mood boards and colour trends
- Attending prediction and trade fairs and maintaining a strong awareness of current product on the High Street
- Travelling to factories occasionally
- Coordinating product development with far-east and meeting deadlines for samples in order to present the ranges to the customers.
- Ensuring that samples produced are accurate in line with specification.
The ideal candidate will come from supplier or retailer background with strong boyswear or menswear experience. The candidate will also have strong CAD skills with a good knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop.
Please apply with your CV in word format and portfolio directly to shomik[at]silkrouterecruit.co.uk
Applicants MUST be eligible to live and work in the UK.