Job Title: Production Manager
Reports to: Managing Director / Finance & Operations Director
Hours: Full time
Salary: Competitive + Bonus scheme
Curvy Kate is a market-leading and award winning lingerie and swimwear brand supplying over 600 retailers worldwide. We specialise in the fuller bust from D to K cups and our company purpose is to make women feel fabulous about their figure!
We are a passionate and hard-working team committed to providing the best possible experience for both customers and staff.
These are exciting times for the business and having seen huge growth last year we are targeting a further 30% growth for 2016.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Production Manager to manage our production and supply chain. Working alongside our other department heads we are looking for someone to share our passion and help drive the business forward.
About the Role:
The purpose of your role will be to ensure we have a flow of products from suppliers of the right quality, in the right quantities, at the right time and at the right price. You liaise directly with our 4 factory partners in China.
You will be working at our Head Office in Harrow and reporting directly to the Managing Director.
This is an exciting and demanding position in a fast-paced environment. You will need to demonstrate a hard-working and hands on approach as well as good management skills and strategic thinking.
As well as our seasonal fashion lines we have an extensive range of core continuity garments which must be available in all sizes at all times. You will be responsible for maintaining adequate stock in the right size mix to meet forecast demand.
- Monitor factory performance and maintain close and effective relationships.
- Regular visits to factories in China as necessary.
- Manage entire Supply Chain and Critical Path for all products from design concept to delivery to customer.
- Ensure adequate procedures and QC checks are in place to minimise risk of production errors or late deliveries.
- Manage and improve product costs and margins.
- Ensure that the needs of the Design Team are met during the product development.
- Evaluate alternative factories and suppliers and develop new relationships where appropriate.
- Liaise with Head of Sales to collate forecasts and production requirements at SKU level.
- Place orders to meet required delivery times and minimum order quantities.
- Manage and improve logistics and warehousing procedures and costs.
You will be working closely with our Head of Design and Head of Sales to ensure design, quality and forecasting demands are met.
You must have a great awareness of the “big picture” and be able to spot potential issues before they arise. You will work well under pressure and maintain a calm, diplomatic and positive approach.
- Proven successful experience in management of lingerie production and full supply chain, ideally working with factories in China.
- Ability to create, implement and maintain relevant systems and process.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of the lingerie industry and manufacturing techniques.
- Demonstrate excellent organisational and communication skills, and experience of managing a team would be preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and great problem solving skills.
- Excellent IT skills including Excel and MS Office.
- Passion for high quality products and service and for constant improvement.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
What we offer:
Hours: Monday - Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm
Salary: Competitive + target driven bonus scheme
Company pension scheme
28 days holiday (increasing with service) including bank holidays
Generous staff discount
How to Apply:
Please send your CV together with a covering letter telling us why you want to work for Curvy Kate and are the right person for us.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will respond to all applicants by 30 September.