1 day left
- Job Type
My client seeks a commercial Footwear Technologist to manage women’s footwear. You will be up to date on current footwear legislations and be able to demonstrate a solid understanding in footwear construction together with good manufacturing knowledge. This job is a 12 month fixed maternity contract plus a 4-6 week hand over on top.
• Work from design concept through to delivery in stores.
• Improve efficiency and quality and keeping up-to date on footwear standards.
• Provide technical and development support to designers and buyers.
• Create technical specs and work with overseas suppliers.
• Manage fit sessions and relay fit comments back to factories and suppliers.
• Advise on construction, fit, development and materials.
• Manage the approval and sealing process.
• Update and maintain the technical manuals as well as requesting and managing test reports.
• Work with warehouse QC team to ensure quality is acceptable to approved technical standards.
• Manage wearer trials and report writing.
• Some overseas travel might be required to oversee production or to resolve any technical issues with factories.
This position will suit those from a retail or wholesale background. The ideal candidate must have UK retail high street experience and you will be organised, confident and an enthusiastic team player and be able to prioritise your work load and to communicate at all levels.
If you are interested in this position then please apply today, forwarding an up to date CV. We regret that due to volume, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for Footwear Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly