- Job Type
Good opportunity with a well-established, mid-level womenswear fashion brand to join their rapidly growing team due to growth in the business. Ideal candidate will have experience working with womenswear multi -products, across jersey and woven fabrics, and preferably have experience liaising with factories in the Far East and Eastern Europe.
Garment Technologist - The Role:
- You will be an integral part of the internal technical team working closely with the in-house sample machinists and pattern cutters as well as the design and merchandising teams.
- Measuring garments, preparing fit logs, arranging and assisting with fit sessions.
- Construct size specifications to produce samples of the required fit and silhouette.
- Establish grade rules that ensure the required fit across the size range
- Attending fit meeting and constructing detailed fit comments to factories in Far East and Eastern Europe.
- Carry out sample assessment through from Prototype to Pre-Production Sample stage against the specified standards of fit, construction and quality of manufacture.
- Requesting and approving test report, also, issuing wash care instructions.
- Monitoring and recording the status of the products and maintaining the critical path.
- This job will involve some travelling.
Garment Technologist - The candidate:
- 4 years minimum experience required working with a similar environment (i.e womenswear fashion, multi-product)
- Knowledge of construction & manufacturing methods.
- Knowledge of basic pattern cutting.
- Computer literate including a good working knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Experience working with both short and long lead times.
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
Apply for Garment Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly