Two new roles :
This is an opportunity to join a very internationally focussed supplier of licensed apparels to the high street. With a turnover of over £30 million in the UK alone, our client has a strong foothold on the UK high street. Their key customers include Tesco, George, Sainsburys', Mothercare, New Look, Arcadia, M&S, River Island, NEXT, and many others.
Due to strong growth, the technical team is currently looking to add two new garment technologists to their department. The technologist is quite a key appointment to the business as they will be responsible for managing all technical aspects of 2 of their largest customer accounts.
The product category is kidswear, but we are quite open minded about the background of the person.
You could come from general apparels background, be it menswear, kidswear or womenswear, either from a supplier or a retailer. BUT you need to have an interest in kidswear. My client will provide ample training and development on the product category, the health and safety regulations, etc but they need you to be a strong communicator and a willing individual who wants to learn and grow in a buzzing and internationally focussed environment.
Here's an idea of what the role entails:
- To uphold the quality and fit across a set range of product categories, ensuring standards are met within set timelines.
- Ensure supply partners have full technical (fit & labelling) details & approvals to hand achieve set quality and delivery targets, and support Design & Product Development through the concept stages of the range on all technical aspects of garments and cloth
- Manage the work in progress for all categories
- Arrange & manage fit sessions with customer, Design and PDC, and issuing full comments to suppliers to enable proto & salesman samples to be signed off within the set deadlines.
- Control with Product Co-ordinators the pre-production timeline for suppliers
- Conduct all necessary testing to satisfy the needs of each international market
The ideal candidate :
- Will have a few years experience working as a technologist within a high street supplier or retailer.
- You will have an interest in pursuing a career within kidswear
- Kidswear experience is NOT essential, but of course is an advantage
The current team:
The team is 6 people strong, all reporting to a Technical manager who has strong leadership and training qualities.
This is a very casual, friendly environment and offers a very good work life balance. People within this business tend to stay for several years, thanks to the lovely work environment and ethic.
If you would like to develop your technical career and would like to explore kidswear, this is an excellent opportunity to pursue.
We will ONLY consider candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please apply in confidence.