Logistics & Distribution Co-ordinator (Fashion)
4 days left
- Job Type
Great opportunity with a Leicester based supplier of womenswear knit and jersey garments to the high street. This position has arisen due to growth in the business and the successful candidate will join this small but rapidly expanding friendly team. This role is to manage all of the companies Logistics/Distribution; handling orders, managing transport companies and creating barcoding on orders will be amongst your responsibilities.
Logistics & Distribution Co-ordinator (Fashion) – The Role:
- To ensure the smooth running of the wholesale orders from initial placement through to delivery
- To evaluate the current distribution strategy and working in conjunction with merchandising to reduce operating costs and inventory levels resulting in improved service
- Ensure all documentation is created and accurate to shipment to avoid unnecessary delays
- Update sales, production teams along with the client on shipment dates and any delays
- Liaising with the transport companies to make sure transport is running on time
- Able to negotiate and analyse most cost efficient shipping methods in the interests of the company
- Manage inventory / Critical Path
- You will be working closely with the Design and Merchandising teams, as well as Account Managers
- You will also be working with the Warehouse employees to improve the utilisation of warehouse space including location planning and easy retrieval of stock
- You will liaise with factories to ensure that delivery is on time and correctly assigned to shipping vessels
- Create necessary barcodes for all orders
Logistics & Distribution Co-ordinator (Fashion) – The Candidate:
- Previous experience of working within a busy fashion company is preferred
- Highly organised and analytical able to work to deadlines and prioritise tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communicative attitude and interpersonal skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Excellent IT Skills – must be confident using Excel in particular
- Critical Path Management and Sample Tracking
- Must have UK experience
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
Apply for Logistics & Distribution Co-ordinator (Fashion)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly