Womenswear Branding Designer
Superdry is known for our incredibly innovative, cutting edge designs and the amazing attention to detail that goes into all our products. From outerwear to dresses, from signature hoodies to iconic graphic tees, from our epic denim range to accessories and footwear, through to our high profile Ski, Sport, Rugby and Idris ranges, it’s the little things that make the difference.
We are looking for a Branding designer to support the design and product development of those little finishing touches that make our products even more special – the trims, labels, zips, buttons and badges, along with the packaging and swing tags that complete the look. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with our Designers, Garment Technologists and factory suppliers.
We’re looking for an experienced Designer ideally with a background in trims design and development, an understanding of materials and trims construction, and the ability to communicate your vision to our factories, but who must understand our brand DNA and how to translate that into beautiful and functional designs.
- Taking ownership of graphic design suitable for labelling, branded trims and packaging within the deadlines of the critical path. Sometimes this will involve producing designs for which a suitable product fit will be found; and sometimes it will involve producing designs to fit a particular product.
- Working on designs for mainline products across various different categories including wovens, jersey, outerwear, footwear and accessories; and specialist ranges such as Snow, Ski, Rugby and premium collaborations. Working across both genders but the day to day focus will be more Womenswear focused, interpreting project briefs and presenting outcomes to Senior Branding Designer and Design Heads.
- Creating comprehensive design packages for factories and where appropriate presenting this to suppliers.
- Working closely with the trademarks team in the Legal department to ensure all designs are permissible and to not infringe competitor trademarks.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of creative and conceptual standards for graphic design.
- Working collaboratively with the Design and Garment Technology teams to ensure suitability, relevance, consistency and quality of designs and finished products.
- Maintaining knowledge of creative techniques and technology to support continuous improvement in quality and design, in-line with business objectives.
- Actively contributing to the critical path process and ensure that deadlines are met, communicating any potential delays and progress to appropriate managers and departments.
- Proactively researching competitors and maintaining industry awareness to support product development objectives.
What we’re looking for
- Extensive experience as a graphic designer, preferably experience as a branded trims Designer for a major fashion brand.
- Substantial experience of producing creative, innovative and fresh designs with a strong branded feel, across multiple ranges and product types.
- An understanding of both the design and product development processes relating to branded trims, including a technical understanding of the materials used in the construction of trims, including embroidery, silicon, fabrics, metals etc.
- Strong understanding of the Superdry brand handwriting and ethos, with the ability to articulate our style in your designs and embody our look and feel in your work.
- Experience of working with suppliers/factories, in terms of clearly communicating job briefs to them, maintaining close working relationships with them to ensure quality output, and working closely with them on quality control issues. Experience of managing multiple supplier/factory relationships at any one time is strongly preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator is essential, with Photoshop skills also desirable.
- Located within commuting distance of our Cheltenham head office or able to relocate.
- Excellent basic salary
- Pension contributions
- Life assurance
- 50% staff discount