- Job Type
As Sample Machinist, you will be responsible for creating toiles and samples working with a wide range of jersey and woven fabrics. The position will interact closely with the head designer and creative flat pattern cutters, and will suit an accomplished sample machinist experienced in working with draped garments including dresses, soft jackets, tops, skirts, blouses and jumpsuits.
This mid-market Women’s soft separates supplier specialize in contemporary modern occasion wear and smart daywear supplying major fashion retailers.
- Sewing initial toiles, development and production samples.
- Work closely with the Head Designer, Pattern Cutters and Technical team to produce accurate samples.
- Ensure samples are ready on time and in line with the critical path.
- Resolve issues with the makeup of garments, taking into consideration bulk production.
- Follow specification and garment instructions clearly.
- Proactively identify, discuss and resolve any issues or potential problems.
- Sample Machinist with a broad knowledge of finishes and machinery including Lockstitch, Cover stitch, Overlocker and flatlock.
- Good understanding of garment construction across jersey and woven garments including dresses, soft jackets, tops, blouses, skirts and jumpsuits.
- Experience working with draped garments from day through to eveningwear.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.