Senior Garment Technologist
Our client is a successful aspirational Unisex Premium Brand, with an established name synonymous with quality and style. They now have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Garment Technologist, on womenswear, to join their in house team, based in London to help drive the business and contribute to the business strategy.
Senior Garment Technologist - The Role:
- This role reports into the Head of Product Development and Sourcing.
- Work very closely with the Senior Design Team delivering the product aesthetic but with high standards of technical make up, in line with the brand identity.
- To work closely with the Designers to have full visibilty of product at the initial stage.
- To work closey with the freelance GT support and Production Manager and Product Developers in assisting on fit/approval/shipment related issues.
- Work with freelance GT support to ensure all styles are fitted and sealed in line with critical dates.
- Assist in setting standards to follow for end of line inspection reports.
- To oversee and check measurements to ensure the Brands sizing policy is maintained consistently across products.
- Attend weekly critical path meetings and report on issues or potential issues. Take any follow up action required.
- Drive for continual improvement by working closely with the Production and Technology teams, using Supplier Score Card analysis- setting actions and timescales.
- Continuous improvement through the analysis of returns and customer feedback, competitor awareness and industry feedback.
- Maintain a knowledge of changes in legislation - including global changes/requirements.
Senior Garment Technologist- The Candidate:
- Qualification in Clothing Technology.
- Experience of fitting garments and pattern cutting within a retail/brand environment - preferable at Premium Brand level.
- A proven solide knowledge of garment construction.
- A firm understanding of grading across both menswear and womenswear.
- Organisational skills with experience of working to critical deadlines and critical path management.
- Organised and efficient - ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Good communication skills with experience of liaising with a range of suppliers and other partners and team.
- PC literate with experience of working with Microsoft Office packages.
- Strong time management ability.
Senior Garment Technologist - The Package:
- Competitive salary and benefits
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted