Women's wear Designer
Established in the early 1990's. our client is a global leading multi-product clothing business, with development and production facilities in various locations around the world.
They strive to offer the best in creativity, innovation and quality and the most flexible service to our many well-known clients.
Purpose of the Role
The WW Designer will have a high level of expertise to deliver and encourage stunning concepts to meet client’s briefs and expectations. Through your extensive market research, skills- creativity, perseverance, resilience to get the job done.
Good communication and an eye for colour and feel for fabrics are essential with a proactive confident mind-set to drive for business.
- Creating /visualising an idea and producing a design by hand or using computer-aided design (cad)
- Keeping up to date with emerging fashion trends as well as general trends relating to fabrics, colours and shapes
- Planning and developing ranges –
- Working with others in the design team, such as account managers and merchandisers to develop product to meet a brief
- Liaising closely with sales, and production teams on an ongoing basis to ensure the item suits the customer, market and price point
- Understand design from a technical perspective .i.e. producing patterns toiles and technical designs
- Sourcing ,selecting and buying fabrics ,trims, fastenings and embellishments
- Adapting existing designs for mass production
Key Skills & Experience
- Computer literate- cad level
- Understanding of trends and materials
- Using different textile processes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication and team working skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Sales and Customer Focused
- Marketing and administrate skills
We are looking for candidates with a background designing for the likes of M&S, Next, Topshop etc.
This is truly an amazing company to work for. One that is going through a massive growth period. If there’s a time to join a successful company then now is it and this is the company!!
Interviews are already underway so please send your CV’s through to Jodie Howell ASAP
We regret only successful candidates can be contacted.
Apply for Women's wear Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly