Senior Buyer- Miss Selfridge- Dresses
6 days left
- Job Type
A BIT ABOUT MISS SELFRIDGE
Miss Selfridge is for young women who seek of-the-moment fashion with a glamorous and individual edge. First hitting the high street in 1966 as the young fashion department of Selfridges, we've since grown into a renowned international fashion brand boasting over 330 outlets and several websites across over 20 countries. Miss Selfridge.com is a powerful digital outlet for the brand, receiving millions of unique visitors every month, with a quarter of these customers from outside of the UK.
Working in a fast paced and innovative environment, you will be responsible for overseeing one of our industry-leading Buying teams to develop and deliver innovative product ranges, drive profit and influence the brand's product strategy.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- Ensure that the product reflects the Brand strategy, the range is without gaps or duplication, and that the season is logically and commercially thought through
- Oversee department, reviewing process to maximise opportunities and minimise risks of key events/trends/promotions
- Working closely with Merchandising, Design and Garment Technology to create an effective product development team.
- Operate an effective / timely product sign off process, appropriate for product lead-time - “Buying Calendar”.
- Display an in-depth, customer-focused knowledge of market and trends. Working closely with Design to generate, and communicate key product direction
- Working with Merchandising to deliver profitable departments irrespective of fluctuating tends.
- Develop a sound supply policy for the Brand, striving for consistent best practice partnerships. Foresee future weaknesses/needs and suggest possible solutions.
- Analyse trading patterns, advising the team and ensuring appropriate action is taken to unforeseen sales reactions
- Working with Management Team, define and communicate clear vision of the future – translate into understandable goals and targets
- Responsible for implementing the strategic direction and financial plans for a specific product category
- Able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with external third parties/suppliers
- Negotiate price, delivery and terms to support the business objectives
- Ensure that the correct level of newness / high fashion is present, and that volume lines are maximised and ‘moved on’ at the appropriate time.
- Demonstrate views on current key trade activity that potentially impacts the company / brand.
- Develop skills of the team – identifies individual training needs as well as encourages effective teamwork.
- Add value to the buying process providing an objective view.
- Assist the Buying Manager to co-ordinate events e.g. Press days, Roadshows, Brand conferences, International range reviews etc., either organises or acting as the link between the teams and the organiser.
- Experienced in working in a fast paced buying environment.
- Have an established track record of driving business forward.
- Able to demonstrate pro-activity in sourcing new ideas and inspiration.
- Ability to challenge, influence & persuade.
- Awareness of current and future trends, knowledge of brands target market and understanding of what is happening in retail.
- A strong negotiator and natural leader
- Experience in buying dresses for a high street retailer/department store
- Experience in working with both long and short lead time product and supply base
THE EXCITING PART
• Generous holiday with holiday trading
• 25% staff discount
• Early finish summer hours
• A special treat when you join us!
• Access to sample sales
• Regular team and company social events
• Pension scheme
• Company bonus scheme
• Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.
Apply for Senior Buyer- Miss Selfridge- Dresses
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly