International Merchandiser- Topman
3 days left
- Job Type
A BIT ABOUT TOPMAN
TOPMAN has earned its sartorial stripes with an unswerving and energetic approach to producing truly exciting high-street men's fashion. Driving trends forward while shifting the way men approach shopping, the brand's attitude to creating brilliant, affordable and authoritative menswear is second to none. Born in 1978, TOPMAN is the male equivalent of successful Arcadia stable-mate: TOPSHOP. With a whopping 185 stores in the UK, almost every high street in the country boasts its very own slice of TOPMAN. London's mega Oxford Circus Flagship - one of 8 chief stores in the major cities through the UK - sees 75,000 pairs of feet storm its 15,000 square foot floor every week. The rest of the globe is catching up too. Here's the maths: there are TOPMAN stores in over sixty cities worldwide, stretching across twenty countries while boutiques in America, China and Japan stock the brand. As one might suspect, its fashion forwardness continues into cyberspace with transactional website TOPMAN.com seeing over 160,000 unique visits a week, with current shipping to the UK, Eire, Europe, USA and Australia.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior International Merchandiser to join one of our brands, Topman. The purpose of this role is to drive Topmans International business through effective planning and trading markets.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- Help set International department sales objectives taking into account Brand strategy and market profiles.
- Agree International department & category option plans with external partners, and issue to Global Buying and Merchandising teams.
- Manage the range building process for International markets with the International buyer in conjunction with Global Buying & Merchandising teams.
- Support International Buyer with selection of ranges for International markets.
- Forecast department sales/OTB via department and market WSSI’s considering International regional intake requirements & UK phasing.
- To maximise sales & manage risk working with the Global Buying and Merchandising teams in analysing product performance & adjusting future buys.
- Analyse weekly product performance and work with International buyer & Global to identify trading opportunities & risks.
- Work with Global Buying and Merchandising teams to action on above findings.
- Support the Senior Merchandiser in developing best practices & contribute to International brand strategy to strengthen the brand position overseas.
- Develop reporting tools to support product planning & trading.
- Drive communication with Buying & Merchandising teams to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Develop the team skills with Senior Merchandiser, identifying individual training needs as well as encouraging effective teamwork.
- Must have strong commercial flair and business acumen, trading mentality.
- Core merchandising skills are essential.
- Solid experience in range planning.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Strong analytical skills with good attention to detail.
- Ability to work in an fast pace environment, driving results by tracking and measuring success.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build strong and effective relationships.
- Knowledge of/willingness to learn about overseas markets and cultures.
- Ability to persuade and influence peers and stakeholders.
- Good problem solving skills – can overcome issues, propose solutions and make commercial decisions.
- Self-starter, takes the initiative.
- Educated to degree level.
- Experience of working within a Retail environment or Head Office.
- Good people management skills.
THE EXCITING PART
• Generous holiday with holiday trading
• 25% staff discount
• Early finish summer hours
• A special treat when you join us!
• Access to sample sales
• Regular team and company social events
• Pension scheme
• Company bonus scheme
• Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.
Apply for International Merchandiser- Topman
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly