Garment Technologist- Burton Menswear London
7 days left
- Job Type
A BIT ABOUT BURTON
"Good clothes develop a man's self-respect" - Burton's original insight and dedication to provide high-quality made-to-measure suits drove us to a great deal of success. Now one of the largest men's fashion retailers, we are the only men's fashion brand in the UK to have over 400 stores. Montague Burton's past idea turned out to be a good and timeless one, developing to become the image of a modern business man.
Our successful brand is situated under the Arcadia umbrella - owned by Sir Phillip Green - continuously welcoming creative innovation. Do you have the inspirational eye to further the ever-developing idea and input your talent into the laid-back style of our menswear brand?
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Garment Technologist to join one of our brands, Burton.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- Work with Buying & Merchandising to establish optimum product value
- Strive to reduce customer returns by reviewing on a monthly cycle and actioning any changes with suppliers
- Establish effective working relationships with suppliers to drive and support product development
- Work with suppliers to achieve and/ or maintain QA/DA status
- Conduct supplier reviews on a 6 monthly basis
- Liaise with the DC on a daily basis with regards to QC holds and communicate issues quickly and effectively to B&M teams and suppliers
- Identify and analyse any problems, propose solutions and make logical decisions
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with a wide variety of people including B&M, suppliers and the technical team
- Strive for continual improvement and promote the technical team
- Have responsibility for fitting and sealing process including wearer trials and fit test days
- Review factory evaluations from suppliers and passing information onto Technical Manager
- Review and drive the technical strategy and ensure that this is constantly in line with the Brand strategy
- Regularly competition shopping to ensure awareness of high street trends
In order to be successful for this role, you will have;
- Experience within a retail/manufacturer environment
- Commercially aware with a solid understanding of the high street
- Conversant with fabric testing as well as fitting and sealing
- Can demonstrate initiative, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Capability to work in a fast paced, high pressured environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to converse with a variety of people
- Knowledge of working to ethical guidelines
THE EXCITING PART
• Generous holiday with holiday trading
• 25% staff discount
• Early finish summer hours
• A special treat when you join us!
• Access to sample sales
• Regular team and company social events
• Pension scheme
• Company bonus scheme
• Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.
Apply for Garment Technologist- Burton Menswear London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly