Freelance Garment Technologist
2 days left
- Job Type
As Freelance Garment Technologist you will be responsible for the preparation of technical packs for the Women’s RTW collection for all product categories working closely with the design, development and production teams, attending and participating in product fittings following through to sealer/production sign-off.
The ideal technologist will have at least 4 years’ experience in Womens Ready-to-Wear fashion for a runway brand, working with complex styles and luxury fabrics. We are looking for someone with availability for 3 weeks in September, 3 weeks at the end of November, the last week of January and first two weeks of February and so forth.
- Work closely with the design, product development and production teams to prepare initial technical packs.
- Ensure consistency in fit and quality engineering garments to ensure the highest quality is delivered.
- Flag any variance in sizes prior to fit meeting and ensure pattern is amended where appropriate.
- Work creatively with Design and pattern room to ensure blocks are relevant each season.
- Ensure technical packs are updated and accurate as required.
- Attend fit meetings from initial sample through to sealer/final production sample.
- Issue fit comments and ensure timely execution of amendments.
- Garment Technologist with at least 4 years’ experience working for a luxury Women’s RTW and runway brand.
- Technical/Fashion qualification.
- An understanding of digital printing and embroidery.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Confident in fitting and sealing a wide range of styles.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Dedicated, professional and committed.