E-Commerce Merchandising Manager
E-commerce Merchandising Manager
Reporting to: Multi-Channel Director
Key Objective: Working with the Head of Multichannel this role will drive activities to achieve sales, GPV and EBIT targets for our Multichannel business (digital channels and in-store devices).Working with the core merchandising team to ensure appropriate planning of sales and the delivery of the plan
- Constantly review the look, navigation and structure of all channels looking for ways to improve visitor/buyer conversion rates.
- Be aware of what competitors are doing, looking for new trends and developments.
- Review the seasons trading, looking for opportunities to drive sales, through new brands and ranges.
- Create seasonal trading plans aligned with targets and phasing.
- Understand the retail strategy and reflect where appropriate online.
- Create the weekly trading summary and daily progress updates.
- Review previous week’s performance and propose and agree actions for the week.
- Review daily sales identifying areas of weakness, proposing and taking action to increase sales and ensuring optimal stock availability at all times.
- Tracking, reporting and recommending solutions for slow sellers
- Suggesting markdown and promotional events in line with brand strategy and tracking performance and reporting on successes and missed opportunities
- Propose stories and sign off products selected by the Merchandisers to feature on mailers. Check mailers & get sign off from buyers, before they are sent.
- Propose features and sign off products selected by Merchandiser to promote on the site.
- Review stores best sellers to promote the best of the stores lines.
- Review merchandising rules to promote products and maximise sales..
- Review V&M pack and New In list ensuring the site is representative of key store activity.
- Working with the Buying and Merchandising teams to ensure a cohesive online range is potentialised through the season.
- Refine and optimise merchandising activity by analysing traffic and sales data to improve overall effectiveness across categories
- Reporting on key metrics as and when required to include - Availability %, weeks cover, stockholding, sell thru, margin, sales and returns reporting.
- Develop the team giving training where necessary.
- Ensure the Merchandiser completes all tasks which are part of the role and responsibilities.
- Establish working relationships with divisional Buying & Merchandise teams and works closely with other Multi-Channel functions.
- Work with the Head of Multi-Channel, Buying and Merchandising Teams to maximise opportunities.
- Drive trading to agreed plans
- Implement and apply good practice.
- Train, develop and motivate team.
- Build strong relationships with B&M team.
- Identify opportunities.
- Identify threats (current issues), and look to resolve.
- Experience within a similar role is essential
- Experience within a sports/fashion retailer is advantageous
- Highly numerate and strong commercial focus
- Proven deliverables within previous roles
What we will offer you:
- Attractive Salary and Benefits Package
- Development linked to your role with the business
Apply for E-Commerce Merchandising Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly