Permanent Role to start immediately.
You must live within one-hour commutable distance from Waterloo.
Established in 2010 and situated in the heart of London, Studio 104 is a multi-award winning company and supplies exclusively designed uniforms to establishments operating at the luxury end of the market including hotels, restaurants, bars, retail, beauty and leisure spas, the financial sector, facilities and management services and events.
We have carved a niche in the bespoke uniform industry for our creative twist on designs that encompass the values and heritage of each client.
Studio 104 is proud to have an impressive portfolio of clients including the Savoy hotel, De Beers Diamond Jewellers, D&D London, the Mondrian London and Doha, the Shangri-La at the Shard, the Dorchester, The Mandarin Oriental London, Gleneagles and many more.
We are a young, dynamic and rapidly growing company seeking a highly motivated, driven and commercially-minded garment technologist with multi-product experience looking to progress their career within an innovative environment with excellent career prospects.
The successful candidate must have proven experience developing menswear and womenswear tailoring/ formalwear, well versed with pattern knowledge, fit and garment construction.
Must have sound IT knowledge (particularly Excel)
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and multi-skilled Garment Technologist with a keen interest in product development, who is driven and committed to progressing their career within a rapidly growing business.
The ideal candidate will be a highly competent communicator with demonstrable knowledge of commercial production methods and processes and looking for a varied workload with the opportunity to work and expand skills base within product development.
The role consists of but isn’t limited to;
- Responsible for all technical areas of garment technology across menswear, womenswear and accessories ranges.
- Assist in all aspects of production development from product launch through to final delivery.
- Manage all aspects of the Manufacturing process, ensuring that correct product tech packs are sent out to the supply base and full details of the Sealing process are submitted.
- Carry out regular fit assessments and maintaining blocks library across all ranges and ensuring grade rules are correct.
- Lead internal and external fit sessions from proto through to bulk production; trouble-shooting any quality, makeup and fit issues on all samples early on in the process.
- Accurately communicate fit comments/ sample amendments to suppliers & factories in a clear, concise, and timely manner working to the critical path dates.
- Undertaking quality evaluations and checking standards throughout entire product development process through to the final product.
- Ensure the quality standards of the business are competitive, and meet set commercial objectives.
- Analysing and approving test reports.
- Conduct investigations if bulk is not as per approvals, liaise with suppliers & factories on required changes.
- Working closely with factories, with some travel expected.
- You will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience with demonstrable experience developing multi-range products with a high end focus.
- You will have extensive knowledge and understanding of garment construction, fitting, commercial grading and QC.
- You will update specifications throughout sampling and production.
- You will manage bulk samples approval, analysing garments and trimmings using in-house resources and liaising as necessary with external parties.
- You will have a strong understanding of textile properties, finishes, and be able to advice on the suitability of fabrics.
- You will have experience in formulating accurate technical specifications across the range and working with suppliers to ensure performance standards are delivered.
- You will be highly proficient in using Microsoft office; particularly Excel.
- You will be a competent communicator with experience dealing with off shore suppliers and maintain strong relationships.
- You will have strong commercial awareness and understanding of cost.
- You will have a full contact book of mills and factories.
- You will be passionate, forward-thinking, and dedicated to helping take this amazing company to the next level.
- You will understand the nature of a small business that is growing at a rapid rate and the need to get ‘stuck-in’ wherever necessary, supporting the product development process.
- You will be highly organised with great time management skills.
- An excellent communicator at all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Negotiable. Dependent on Experience.
To apply please submit a cv and covering letter to Isabelle Goualin via email.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We regret that due to the anticipated volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Apply for Garment Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly