Head Pattern Cutter
5 days left
As Head Pattern Cutter you will be responsible for managing a small sample room, (2 Manual Pattern Cutters, 1-2 Freelancers), working as a team to produce accurate manual first patterns demonstrating a flair for women’s young fashion woven soft separates, (dresses, tops, blouses, skirts, playsuits, jumpsuits), for brands including ASOS, Topshop, River Island, Warehouse and DP.
This hands on role will be working in a fast paced environment creating a wide variety of new styles every week collaborating closely with the designer on first patterns and prototypes. A young fashion background is essential!
- Manage the workflow of the pattern cutters and samples prioritising styles with design and sales.
- Producing manual patterns for a wide range of new styles.
- Keeping up to date with high street trends and customer profiles to ensure patterns meet brand and product expectations.
- Liaising closely with Sales, Design and the Garment Technologist.
- Assess design suitability for selected cloth ensuring patterns take any restrictions into consideration.
- Putting toiles into work to ensure patterns will produce samples to correct spec from an aesthetic and technical point of view.
- Complete all necessary technical paperwork to accompany patterns.
- Complete fit log/size chart with pattern measures and required measures.
- Senior or Head Manual Pattern Cutter with a proven track record in young fashion soft separates for the UK high street.
- Flexible, reliable and accustomed to working towards tight deadlines.
- Happy to manage and at the same time be hands on in creating manual patterns.
- Experience in managing the workflow for a small in-house sample room.
- Positive and diplomatic team player with great interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised with Excellent attention to detail.
- Computer literate MS Word and Excel.