Junior Buyer- Miss Selfridge
A BIT ABOUT MISS SELFRIDGE
Miss Selfridge is for young women who seek of-the-moment fashion with a glamorous and individual edge. First hitting the high street in 1966 as the young fashion department of Selfridges, we've since grown into a renowned international fashion brand boasting over 330 outlets and several websites across over 20 countries. Miss Selfridge.com is a powerful digital outlet for the brand, receiving millions of unique visitors every month, with a quarter of these customers from outside of the UK.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Buyer to join one of our brands, Miss Selfridge. This is a fast paced and competitive role and we are looking for applications from existing Junior Buyers.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- Supports the Buyer and contributes to the decisions on the product range.
- When required, present garments to senior management and follow up on afterwards action points for the team/department.
- Looks further ahead than immediate problems to focus on ideas and solutions that may be of longer-term benefit to profitability.
- Delegate responsibility to BAA and Assistant Buyer to develop their skills. Provides a wider more strategic understanding of the business, the customer and the department.
- Keep team informed and up to date on key issues.
- Works closely with Merchandising team to review department performance and develop areas for improvement.
- Builds effective working relationships both internally (Design, Technical Services, HO based retail function) and externally (Suppliers).
- Anticipates and resolves problems with deliveries continuing to build stable long term relationships with suppliers.
- Previous buying experience.
- An understanding of fashion trends and knowledge of the High Street, bringing new, well thought out ideas to contribute to the Buying process.
- Having a strong fashion eye is essential.
- Good problem solving skills and can take initiative to resolve issues.
- The ability to perform under pressure and work in a fast paced environment.
- The capability to take responsibility and make decisions.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Manage time effectively by setting and achieving priorities and timescales.
- Have proven success at buying your own area.
THE EXCITING PART
• Generous holiday with holiday trading
• 25% staff discount
• Early finish summer hours
• A special treat when you join us!
• Access to sample sales
• Regular team and company social events
• Pension scheme
• Company bonus scheme
• Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.
Apply for Junior Buyer- Miss Selfridge
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly