Fashion Accessories Designer
7 days left
- Experienced Non-Manager
Fashion Accessories Designer
Reporting Line – Director
About Olivia Burton
When they couldn’t find a watch that fulfilled their need for style, Olivia Burton London created their own. Inspired by vintage and catwalk the collection is distinctive, contemporary and fun. Obsessive about attention to detail Olivia Burton watches are affordable, wearable and bursting full of British style. Olivia Burton watches are stocked in a variety of online and high street retailers, including ASOS, The Watch Shop, Harvey Nichols and Selfridges. Olivia Burton is continuing to grow internationally with a current presence in 23 countries worldwide.
About The Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced designer who is looking for a new challenge within a small, fun and fast growing company.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Creating new product ranges seasonally
- Ensuring the key brand calendar dates are met, always.
- Produce clear and on trend mood/image boards for all of the company brands including Olivia Burton watches and jewellery.
- Organise and lead design meetings, putting forward new ideas for all brands, concentrating on commercial products that are right for our wholesale customers and end consumer.
- Analysing the best and worst sellers and always looking at how to improve and stay ahead of our competitors.
- Creating detailed technical packs for the factory for all styles put into work and communicating clearly and effectively with all oursuppliers.
- Travelling to source new products for design inspiration.
- Ensuring that any production samples that arrive to the UK are checked quickly and efficiently against technical packs and original samples and feeding back any issues to the production team.
- Responsible for reviewing all approvals and passing comments over to the production manager/development for passing on to factory.
- Communicate efficiently with sales, customer service, marketing and production to ensure the best possible outcome for our customers always.
- A strong eye for detail and ability to work well under pressure
- Lead projects through all phases of the design process from concept to execution
- Identify forthcoming season’s trends, to deliver newness and innovation
- Liaise with external contacts/factories in production of designed material
About the Candidate
Olivia Burton is a dynamic, fast growing company within the fashion industry, so culture fit within the team is really important to us. We are looking for a team player who has the ability to inspire others and lead by example.
Key requirements include:
- Strong work ethic and the ability to cope with a heavy workload and tight deadlines
- Strong commercial eye and meticulous attention to detail
- Articulate, with the ability to communicate in a professional manner with colleagues and customers.
- Professional experience using Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Industry knowledge and opinions
- Works with initiative
- Have experience in Far East production and factory capabilities
- Excellent Photoshop and illustrator skills
Apply for Fashion Accessories Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly