Design Room Assistant/Trainee Designer
7 days left
- Job Type
This is an excellent opportunity for a Design Graduate with some strong industry experience to join a growing business in the fast paced and fashion focused design room.
This is an incredible opportunity to join a great supplier to the UK High Street, working on ladieswear for some of the biggest names on the UK High Street. You will be extremely creative and trend driven, able to create technical drawings and assist in the smooth running of the design room, and ready to develop your career with a view to step up to a challenging yet rewarding design role.
- Assist on trend development and comp shops
- Collate reports, work on mood boards and presentation boards
- Cad styles on Illustrator/Photoshop
- Understand garment construction and design processes and help with admin across all areas
- Collate and log samples in and out
- Send out design packs to factories keeping records and monitoring progress
- Send out samples and approvals to customers.
- Key point of contact between other departments
- You will be creative and trend driven with a good eye for colour
- You will have a commercial eye which complements your trend awareness
- Computer literate with strong CAD skills (freehand / Adobe Illustrator)
- You will be willing to work hands on to ensure the smooth running of the design room.
- You will be organised with good time management skills
- You will be able to grow with the business and develop into a strong designer.
- Experience in a similar role in placement/internship or 1 st job is preferable.
This is a fashion forward company with a long standing reputation, they supply some of the big names on the UK high street, and this means this is a fast paced and exciting company, always striving to be a step ahead of the current trends. This is a great opportunity for a graduate/ trainee designer looking to take the next step in their career.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to – email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
Apply for Design Room Assistant/Trainee Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly