Sales & Key Account Manager - France
My client is a UK based sportswear & apparel brand with a heritage spanning over 60 years, they are the market leader in innovative sporting headwear & apparel and boast an impressive range of products specialising in the production and sale of Men’s and Women’s sportswear . They are an instantly recognisable brand within the Sportswear Industry, they play host to an extensive product portfolio and have a huge global presence in the sportswear market.
You will be reporting directly into the Country Manager and you will be responsible for managing the field sales team as well as a handful of key accounts, mainly department stores. Accounts in which the Company wishes to grow into include; Le Bon Marche, Galeries Lafayette, BHV and Printemps. This is a strategic role with the majority of your time spent managing the field sales team who look after over 600 accounts across the independent sporting retail market, further to this you will be responsible for maximising sales across your account base and generating incremental growth for within said accounts.
You will be responsible for the sales development in France: develop, manage and deliver profitable growth across a selection of key accounts, but also to manage, train and develop the whole sales force. This role will include key account management, sales management of 6 sales reps and building the brand as a premium headwear and apparel brand in the Urban, Fashion and Sport distribution areas.
- Develop the sales and distribution strategy in order to meet the sales targets and the long term brand strategy.
- Develop the sales plan; establish the sales targets, by rep, by regional key account and by product group.
- Develop and execute clear business plans with regards to product, pricing, marketing, in-store (where relevant) and logistical excellence
- Ensure successful integration of seasonal sales and marketing initiatives
- Demonstrate leadership in the rep management by driving them in succeeding their personal targets.
- Ensure that the brand is introduced and presented professionally at all times in line with the European Brand objectives.
- Ensure good communication with other departments within the European team: Customer Service, Logistics, Credit, Product and HR.
- Knowledge of the French market by frequently visiting independent stores, report and recommend on new developments in the market place.
- Work with credit assistant to insure payments, deliveries and smooth process.
- Report to the management on a weekly and monthly basis the sales results and other important business developments
- Through experience, you must be able to demonstrate achievement over time in the following areas:
- Enthusiastic positive person who embraces change with a sense of urgency and persistence.
- Challenges self to learn better ways of doing things - attend courses and seminars to broaden knowledge.
- Build people through development plans and conduct relevant training
Qualifications & Achievements
- Enthusiastic positive person who embraces work with a sense of urgency and persistence.
- Long term approach to business management
- Hand-on approach to all aspects of business as well as being a team player
- Ability to communicate at all levels of Management with the accounts and internally
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Full, clean driving license.
- Location – the position is Office based in Paris with frequent moves across France and EMEA HQ.
- Fluent English (both written and spoken)
- Experience of managing a field-based team
Apply for Sales & Key Account Manager - France
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly