Job Title: Category Planner Nike.com
Location: Hilversum, The Netherlands
Retail Sectors: Fashion, Leisure
Contact name: Giulia Ferrero
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike Retail employees inspire athletes of all abilities to tap into their potential. Step into a Nike Store or visit nike.com, and feel the energy, enthusiasm and passion for sport. That same excitement and consumer-first mindset reverberates through the Nike Retail Corporate team. A global network of buyers, visual merchandisers, real estate specialists, store operations directors and others direct the daily operations of nike.com and the hundreds of Nike Stores and Nike Factory Stores worldwide. The team constantly defines the new frontier of retail and creates the most inspiring and engaging consumer experiences in the industry.
As the Category Planner for Nike.com you are responsible for driving sales growth and operational efficiency for Nike Brand Digital Commerce by creating, maintaining and managing category revenue and stock targets.
Reporting to the Digital Commerce Planning Director you will develop a particular category planning strategy for Nike.com across multiple product types Apparel, Footwear and Equipment. You'll develop seasonal Category direction for sales, margin, option and inventory management and lead in-season trading to deliver and exceed seasonal targets for product revenue and profitability.
You’ll communicate category planning strategies, vision and business results to cross functional and category business partners. Communicate frequently with Buying and Allocation to share business updates and lead integration of planning with allocation and buying processes.
You'll develop methods for analyzing performance and results of previous planning strategies and make tactical adjustments to leverage opportunities for increased profitability. You'll influence the Buying and Allocations teams, collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure that Nike.com has the right product in the right quantity meet consumer demand. In addition, you'll mentor, educate, and coach others across the merchandising teams and serve as a knowledge resource for other team members.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Merchandising, Inventory Management or a related field
• 5 years’ experience in retail Merchandising / Planning is essential
• Ability to solve complex problems; take a new perspective using existing solutions
• Strong computer, communication and analytical skills
• Excellent knowledge of MS Windows applications, particularly Excel
• Strong knowledge of process-flow through supply chain
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and presentations
• Proficient information seeking skills and drive for results
• Ability to share ideas and develop effective responses or elevate to higher management
• Ability to network and utilize internal and external resources
• Ability to follow-through and meet timelines
• Strong analytical skills
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. A generous benefits package only sweetens the deal. Nike also offers a casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.