This long established global organisation has a 5,000 strong product collection covering fancy dress costumes, accessories, make-up, wigs, decorations and all other party product types for UK, European, USA and World customers. They now have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Designer to join their dedicated, friendly and fun team based at their new offices in Leeds.
In this role you will create and design product ranges for UK and Global customers, keeping up to date with emerging trends and fads, as well as general themes relating to film, music, fabrics, colours, shapes and new technologies for all product types, plan and develop innovative ranges for your customers and ensure these are delivered in line with customer specifications and price points.
- Overseeing, mentor and be responsible for a designer, junior designer or placement student.
- You will be solely responsible for your allocated customers.
- Arranging monthly comp shop trips for existing and potential customers that co-inside with all major seasonal events, collating and presenting this to your team and research and attend inspirational events, trade fairs, buying, sourcing and development trips in the UK/Europe/USA and Far East.
- Working closely with the Far East design team to facilitate development of core supply base.
- Designing and developing your customer’s ranges. You will take ownership of all your products from initial CADs to final ordered items, ensuring that the best design is executed and followed through company processes from buying/technical through to merchandising.
- Attending customer meetings and presenting researched trends, market analysis, completed design brief and samples ranges, making recommendations for your customers based on market evaluations, current trends and your technical design experience.
- You will need to have a good understanding of product construction/components and costings in order to keep ranges into cost whilst not compromising on innovation and design.
- You will manage sampling of all your ranges from the UK, or on Far East trips, monitoring and enforcing deadlines.
Applications are invited from successful and experienced designers who are familiar with, and competent at working on Value/High Street Retail Accounts. The role is broad and varied so requires a versatile, hands-on Senior Designer who is used to working in a fast paced environment, who can grow and encourage talent within the junior members of the team and is confident working with High Street Customers.
Apply for Senior Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly