Junior Designer – Toddler Girls
About the role:
Are you a creative and commercial experienced assistant or junior designer looking for your next challenge?
Do you consider the customer at the heart of everything you do?
This could be your ideal next role. Here at George Clothing our Customers are at the heart of all our thinking. We design with real customers in mind, for their everyday lives, from beautiful basics to trend inspired collections.
You’ll use your design skills and commercial awareness to drive trends and develop credible ranges – translating lifestyle and catwalk designs for the real world. To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to identify and understand our customers’ needs, have strong fabric knowledge, have the ability to multi task working on multi product areas over varying lead times delivering to critical path.
The ins and outs:
- Collating trend information (from inspirational shopping, magazines, WGSN, fabric shows and suppliers) and identifying key trends for the George range.
- Preparing and participating in Design Workshops and presentations to the business on new season trends.
- Designing ranges and preparing Design Packs for manufacturers (including drawing up garments, liaising with technologists, co-ordinating artwork and producing a complete pack with fabrics and details).
- Liaising with our Buying and Design teams to ensure products are developed to the highest standards whilst remaining in budget.
What you’ll need:
- A proven track record in your design career so far
- Working knowledge of CAD software (including Adobe Photoshop and illustrator)
- Strong presentation and teamwork skills
- Excellent understanding of the George customer
- Able to combine a number of research avenues – catwalks, trend bibles, inspirational trips…etc, to produce commercial designs.
- Able to liaise confidently with suppliers
The ideal candidate will have an outstanding track record throughout their design career within Fashion. You must work well within a team, are strong minded and keen to contribute with your ideas. If you meet these criteria then we have an exciting opportunity for you.