Graphic / Print Technician
Our client is the UK’s leading volume screen printer of garments to retail and trade. Boasting leading edge printing technology and excellent relationships with high street retailers and all of the major supermarket brands. They are seeking an experienced Graphic Technician (Separation Artist) to join their team. This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled and experienced Graphic Technician who is used to delivering in a fast paced environment and to short lead times. Because they provide a ‘speed to market’ product for their customers, sample garments are produced with the highest attention to detail, of excellent quality but importantly within very short timescales. The Art Team are dedicated to achieving these high standards at all times. You will undertake colour separations prior to screen printing, delivering high quality artworks within agreed time scales that are cost effective and efficient in terms of numbers of screens to be produced.
Graphic Technician - The Role:
- To undertake colour separation tasks at a high standard to meet the needs of the business
- Create artwork / separation files on to templates to be filed on internal systems within the agreed timescales for generic licensed designs and customer artwork
- Complete ink information documentation including colours and pantone references
- Quality check work for errors, spell checks, text correction and formatting to pre-arranged templates
- To provide feedback to the Account Manager to allow full and accurate communication with the customer as required.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with Account Management, Sample Room, Sales, Processing, Production and other internal departments to deliver the most efficient customer care and service.
Graphic Technician - The Candidate:
- Proficient Mac Operator with experience in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop CS5
- High levels of attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in colour separation (both solid and photographic images using pantone colours) formatting, typesetting, colour correction and prior experience of screen print techniques an advantage
- This role requires a skilled multi-tasker who is able to working on varied tasks, change direction quickly and prioritise their own workload and maintain a good overview of progress in all areas of a fast paced environment.
- Able to build strong relationships, communicate well at all levels and demonstrate flexibility with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Have an innovative approach to day-to-day challenges and a desire to solve artwork and print issues and achieve targets.
- Be able to work both as part of a team as well as independently.
- The role requires flexible working hours at busy periods
Graphic Technician - The Package:
- Depending on experience
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Apply for Graphic / Print Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly