Senior Factory Manager
In this newly created role, the Senior Factory Manager will be responsible for supporting the senior management team in the running of an established high quality manufacturing plant with 3,500 employees producing 100,000 pieces per week across mens, womens and kids light wovens, tops and bottoms for the UK, US and European market, currently operating over 1 shift moving full time to 2 shifts within the next 12 months.
This is an ideal role for a British, American or European ex-pat and rising star ready to take the next step on the career ladder in joining and being nurtured by a highly accomplished management team with the expectation that you will have a successful 3-5 year stint in this role before progressing within the group.
Cultural sensibility and expert diplomacy skills are an essential skill set requirement for this role in order to build and sustain effective working relationships with the local employees and factory managers in Indonesia.
The ideal applicant will have a successful track record in permanent employment preferably in SE Asia with experience in direct factory management supporting a production unit of at least 100,000 pieces per week across menswear and womenswear for major US, European and UK brands.
Bandung is an idyllic mountain based community around 3 hours drive from Jakarta and the role will include a full ex-pat package.
- Capture the process from pilot stage to warehouse acceptance, ensuring that factory management and supporting departments are clear of their responsibilities.
- Ensure that the pilot meeting creates an operational sequence that delivers the contract seal standard and recovers the standard garment cost.
- Review weekly the forward plans assessing the factory capacity and ensure HR and factory management have the trained resource available.
- Ensure the weekly cut plan meeting delivers the merchandising plans and production forecast.
- By the use of line balancing of each style break down into labour category ensuring that the overall line Standard Achievable Hours is recovered.
- By the use of Pilot meeting and line balancing ensure factory management have all machinery and attachments ready as required.
- Ensure with factory management all training plans to ensure resource is fully trained and proficient.
- Review each shift the Warehouse Acceptance with Site Quality manager.
- Review with factory/quality management each shift the SR, GMQS end line and in-line results versus the target.
- Review daily with the factory management the production progress reports ensuring the PO’s are being achieved in the correct FOB date requirement and that work bundles remain integral.
- Review with Factory management each shift the line operator efficiency by the hourly production output supported by the on standard performance sheet (OPS).
- Agree any overtime required with factory management to release process bottlenecks or increase output.
- Ensure the factory managers deliver the overhead spend within the agreed budget.
- Warehouse Acceptance & Shipment Release results.
- On time delivery into FG versus planned requirement.
- Labour Variance versus the production forecast.
- Plan and target for following week for 1, 2 & 3.
- Factory Manager experienced in the manufacture of volume garments for major US, European and UK brands.
- Proven track record in supporting a production unit of at least 100,000 pieces per week.
- Personality that drives the business inspiring and coaching others to drive forwards.
- Capable of working alongside ambitious individuals who want to excel.
- An ability to listen.
- Strong diplomacy skills and cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to flex between batch processing and bulk processing (small runs moving to bigger flows).
- Experience of on-going quality improvement.