My client is looking to recruit an Assistant Buyer - online boutique retailer within there award winning independent internet retailer for children's designer clothing and gifts. Established in 1952 and online since 1999, They have grown to become one of the most respected international retailers in children's luxury fashion and pride themselves on being specialists in childrenswear, customer experience and ecommerce.
Assistant Buyer - online boutique retailer in Tunbridge Wells involves-
Analysis & Reporting:
- Prepare study and analyse sales reports for each brand appointment.
- Regularly analyse team performance & discuss recommendations to make the most of commercial opportunities.
- Develop brand expertise to retain the brands competitive edge.
- Input brand orders at buying appointments, completing within the budget set for the brand.
- Work closely with the buyers to source and select products that fit the buying vision.
- Work closely with the Buying Coordinator to effectively schedule buying appointments and meetings.
- Work closely with the Merchandisers to manage the buying budget, to stay within financial targets.
- Work closely with the Buyers & Merchandisers to manage the Buying orders and their work-flow during buying season, to ensure systems/records are up to date.
- Chase and check buying order confirmations, finding and resolving any discrepancies.
- Use knowledge of the commercial relationship they have with each brand to develop close working relationships with key people.
- Actively communicate with suppliers and internal teams, to make sure we follow processes correctly and preserve close relationships.
- Oversee the coaching and development of trainee Buyer Merchandisers.
Assistant Buyer - online boutique retailer in Tunbridge Wells requires -
Knowledge and Skills -
- Proven track record at Buyer / Assistant Buyer level
- Having previous experience within buying childrens clothing is desirable
- Proven track record within buying luxury fashion.
- Awareness of current trends/brands and what is happening in the industry
- Advanced Excel skills
- Computer literate in all MS applications
- Highly numerate
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Excellent organisational and administration skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident communicating at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise in a fast-changing environment
Desired personal skills -
- Genuine and honest
- People person