Product Development Manager
This is truly exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Development Manager with strong commercial awareness and a fast fashion background. You will be part of a rapidly growing brand/supplier with a unique USP and the development of mens/womens ‘exclusive’ FOMO ranges for the highstreet.
This position would appeal to someone interested in vintage fashion and recycling and brands such as Reformation, Nasty Gal, Religion, Ragged Priest, Stussy & Supreme.
Product Development Manager – The Role
- To support the Creative Director/Founder to enable the business to continue strategic plans for growth. To ensure all product development activities are actioned effectively, commercially and on-time culture and margin targets.
- Own the delivery and correct interpretation of the Creative Director’s design ideas, co-ordinating the product development / design team to manage the work. Clarifying and resolving any product development issues, delivering to deadlines, satisfying customer needs.
- To grow customer business by attending customer meetings with focus on commercial interpretation and follow up of agreed actions and deadlines, ensuring agreements are suitable for the supply base capabilities and delivery of margin targets.
- To ensure on time accurate management and dashboard reporting is collated and distributed as appropriate on design and development activities, outputs and performance versus targets.
Product Development Manager – Key Responsibilities
- Motivate & Manage The Product Development / Design Team
- Management of NPD Processes & Systems
- New Product Development Co-ordination
- Costing Management
- NPD Priority Management - Manage the Product Development / Design team priorities in conjunction with meetings and delivery dates including supporting the Technical/Sample Room.
- New Product Development (NPD) Overview / Management
- Trim & Sample Order Overview / Management
- Customer Facing Product Development Management
- Critical Path & Project Progress Reporting
- Contribute to Business Strategy - Contribute to the continuous improvement of the business in line with the growth strategy via the Growth and Learning Committee feedback forum and company events.
Product Development Manager – The Person Specification
- Previous experience within Product Development, ideally at Manager level is essential (min. 3years). A background within a fast fashion supply (mens / ladies) to the likes of TopShop, Urban Outfitters, ASOS, Zalando, Zara etc.
- Team management experience (Small team)
- Expertise in account management & customer facing fashion supply
- In depth knowledge of commercial high street level supply and product development
- Knowledge of specifications and fabrics
- Knowledge of garment construction
- Microsoft Office (Word / Excel)
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience in working on garment costings
- Self-motivated, detailed and task orientated
- Strong relationship building skills
- A team player and a team leader. Calm under pressure and flexible approach.
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
Apply for Product Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly