International HR Administrator (6 month FTC)
Meetings, mood boards and strategy - it's all in a day's work here at head office. No time to sit back on our heels, this is the hub that powers everything we do. From fashion-forward designers to in-the-know buyers, our team at Topshop Topman HQ is unrivalled for talent. It's fast-paced, exciting and the perfect place to build a career in fashion. Join any part of the business, from Marketing to Finance, and you will shape the future of the most directional brands on the high-street.
As the International HR Administrator you will work with very closely with the Retail European teams, providing support on International administration and day to day tasks including ad hoc projects with the International HR Coordinator and International HR Manager.
It is a varied role primarily providing administration support for the European markets; resolving HR and payroll queries, maintaining HR reporting, dealing with European invoices. The responsibilities will be reviewed, however the following priorities make up the foundations of the role:
- Manage the payroll process on a monthly basis to ensure the payroll is completed and submitted within a timely manner ensuring cut off dates and deadlines are met
- Being the main point of contact with the Payroll Bureau to ensure all queries are dealt with in a timely manner
- Supporting Store Management and employees with day to day payroll queries
- Setting up new starters; reviewing payroll data submitted by Managers – checking and challenging them on anything that looks unusual
- Checking payslips (around 130 payslips for both The Netherlands and German markets), informing payroll of amendments and ensuring funds requests are sent off on time
- Ensuring contractual and salary changes are processed each month
- Completing mandatory forms (e.g. maternity, sickness forms by market), employee’s warrant/bailiff letters
- Collating data for KPI data for the International Finance Manager
- Provide basic ER/HR advice by market to management and store employees
- Ensuring employee files are created and managed securely (Including maintenance and organisation of electronic employee files)
- Maintain the European database of employees by store and ensure these are kept up to date
- Update and maintain the ER activity log by market on a monthly basis
- Update and maintain contract trackers for both management and non-management employees to ensure end dates and renewals are monitored on a monthly basis
- Update Organisation charts by store and market on a monthly basis
- Update headcount report by store and market on a monthly basis
- Compile a monthly KPI pack to report LTO, absence, sickness and exit interview analysis
- Research potential partners to work with in each market i.e. colleges, universities etc.
- Maintain the European Recruitment inbox
- International invoices – raising PO’s, chasing payment internally, pre-empting and managing the payment process to ensure they are paid on time. Acting as point of contact for suppliers to resolve queries.
- Travel and hotel booking for the International HR Manager when requested
- Administrative and general office support – photocopying, scanning, filing
- Room booking requests
- Ad hoc tasks/projects as requested
- Use’s initiative - there is limited resource to deliver the International HR scope
- Questions everything – this is a growing territory for our business so never assume things
- Own and drive responsibilities – we move quickly, and actions need to be owned as there is no time for chasing and following up
- Work within deadlines and communicate effectively
- Be prepared to chase stakeholders in the correct manner
- Find solutions to problems – they will be new, unknown and therefore our responsibility to resolve.
- Be prepared to think creatively, and not afraid to suggest ideas not yet tried and tested within the business
- Great organisational skills
- Confident with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Knows when to challenge and when to listen and accept
- Has the ability to work in a fast based department
- Can speak Dutch or German (Desirable)
From bonus schemes to season ticket loans, that make your commute a little easier, we offer a range benefits here at head office. We make the most out of our staff discount across The Arcadia Group and a range of brands externally.
As well as this we have lots of exciting things that happen throughout the year, to say a big thanks for all the hard work our great teams put in.