Merchandiser/Senior Merchandiser- Burton
A BIT ABOUT BURTON
"Good clothes develop a man's self-respect" - Burton's original insight and dedication to provide high-quality made-to-measure suits drove us to a great deal of success. Now one of the largest men's fashion retailers, we are the only men's fashion brand in the UK to have over 400 stores. Montague Burton's past idea turned out to be a good and timeless one, developing to become the image of a modern business man.
Our successful brand is situated under the Arcadia umbrella - owned by Sir Phillip Green - continuously welcoming creative innovation. Do you have the inspirational eye to further the ever-developing idea and input your talent into the laid-back style of our menswear brand?
As a Merchandiser/Senior Merchandiser at Burton you will be responsible for overseeing one of our leading Merchandising teams. Working closely with the Buyer, you will be responsible for trading the current range to maximise profit and minimise markdown, through sales forecasting, reviewing and balancing stock and developing strategic promotions.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
• Responsible for planning future ranges, considering past, present and future trends
• Regular analysis of department performance to maximise commercial opportunities in order to identify key learns to optimise profit on the next season range.
• Formulating range strategy and building commercially viable ranges in collaboration with Buying and Design team.
• Leading the team, ensuring there is a balanced and correctly phased range at all times, offering cutting edge style without alienating the mass consumer.
• Managing department WSSI’s. Reacting to performance, managing risk and potentialising bestsellers.
• Setting budgets, forecasting and management of OTB for all areas
• Developing and building strong relationships in the brand
• Managing and developing a high performing team
• Excellent commercial awareness and a proven ability to drive profit.
• Commercially astute and confident decision maker with the ability to communicate across all levels.
• In depth experience in range planning.
• Established track record of managing the supply chain.
• Product focused with a strong interest and passion for the fashion industry.
• Proven experience of managing and developing a team.
• Highly numerate, analytical and have a high attention to detail.
THE EXCITING PART
• Generous holiday with holiday trading
• 25% staff discount
• Early finish summer hours
• A special treat when you join us!
• Access to sample sales
• Regular team and company social events
• Pension scheme
• Company bonus scheme
• Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.
Apply for Merchandiser/Senior Merchandiser- Burton
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly