Luxury Garment Technologist
£38,000 - £42,000
Beautiful Luxury RTW brand is looking for a Garment Technologist, with a minimum of 5 years experience, to join a outgoing technical team.
Experience within the luxury sector preferred and including operating directly with an in house Atelier.
The candidate as such should have a good understanding of garment construction and pattern cutting as well as sizing, fitting and grading and take a logical and pro-active approach to problem solving.
Candidate will have experience of working within a CMT and FF environment with manufacturers within the UK, Europe and the Far east.
Candidate should be a good communicator, strong administrator, highly organized, good at prioritization and good at relationship building and maintaining, as well as a proven track record of working as part of a team.
Working within the framework of the seasonal women’s wear development and production cycles to meet on time critical path deadlines .
Responsible for supporting the Product Developer in creating the first garment specifications at the beginning of the development season, and taking the life of the garment through to supporting the Production Manager in the pre-production process; meeting the business objectives with regards to quality, fit, construction and standards of manufacture.
- To support the Product Developer by managing the technical aspects of all styles from development of 1st proto’s, though to sms.
- Advise on recommended finishing methods, in line with the brand level and an eye on margin for production ease.
- Works with Atelier Coordinator and Product Developer to trouble shoot any technical issues, at pattern cutting, sample machining or factory level.
- Measures all samples prior to a development fit meeting in conjunction with the Atelier Coordinator.
- Makes notes in the fit meeting and directly updates specs.
- Works with the Product Developer and Atelier Coordinator to ensure all fit amends are communicated correctly to the relevant Atelier team member or manufacturer.
- To support the Production Team by managing the technical aspects of all styles from pre-production through into production.
- Measuring and assessing all pre-production samples prior to each fit meeting.
- Writing detailed supplier manufacturing comments.
- Ensuring that the comments are issued to, received by, and understood by the suppliers.
- Supports the Production Manager in the raising of all grading specifications.
- Checking all graded patterns prior to issuing to suppliers.
- Create and maintain a department seasonal Critical Path.
- Daily communication with UK, and overseas factories, working closely with them to ensure that all fit and quality standards are maintained.
- As and when required attend factory visits to carry out quality inspections; reviewing any manufacturing issues with the factories.
- Local and overseas travel may be required.
Please note, due to the high volume of applicants, only sucessful candidates will be contacted.
Apply for Garment Tech
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly