The Wholesale Manager is responsible for creating a wholesale channel in the UK market for this clean modern international womenswear brand, driving profitable sales through department store retail and boutique clients. The brand is currently stocked in 6 countries with 11 bricks & mortar stores and multiple department store concessions.
This role will suit a Wholesale Manager specialising in womens premium high street fashion with a current active department store and boutique buyer network.
- Develop, plan & execute an appropriate wholesale sales strategy to drive growth, development and profitability, working closely with the management team to ensure alignment of activities, taking ownership for implementation, execution and on-going review.
- Drive a launch plan for SS17 and arrange key appointments for events and trade shows including Pure.
- Develop and execute a short, medium and long term sales strategy to drive traffic, profitable sales, and engage the local target customer with the brand, which maximizes UK market opportunities.
- Engage the domestic UK target customer with the brand through customer acquisition and retention strategies for wholesale customers including events and showroom management.
- Develop business plans that strategically build account revenues.
- Be aware of market trends and competitors, analysing and directing areas for business development and improvement.
- Build strong and effective relationships with key strategic partners creating a portfolio of customers to achieve business targets, while managing costs in line with P&L and agreed KPI’s.
- Act as brand Ambassador at all times both internally and externally.
- Work closely with other head office departments including Operations and Production to ensure the product offer is optimised at all times and sales opportunities are maximised and relationships and Brand image preserved.
- Communicate effectively and build and maintain relationships with all internal departments, treating colleagues with integrity and respect.
- Interpret, present and manage marketing programmes to drive sales efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure consistent communication to customers in order to create a lasting impression amongst consumers to improve product sales and company growth.
- Feedback product and competitor information on regular basis.
- Ensure that all customer communication channels represent the Brand proposition.
- Identify and present to the business Brand appropriate commercial opportunities as they relate to each project undertaken by the business.
- Lead proposal efforts including new scoping and assessment of project opportunities.
- Effectively convey messages in both written and verbal business development discussions.
- Manage, lead and direct all areas of wholesale principles.
- Work with the operations team to identify potential improvements in operations and merchandise flow.
- Set and monitor all targets and budgets in line with P&L reports to achieve maximum profitability.
- Analyse best/slow sellers, potential product needs, allocation, product and collection mix by store in order to grow categories.
- Arrange visits to wholesale accounts to ensure the product is merchandised in a way that maximises sales and is on brand.
- Develop, optimise, review and propose annual wholesale sales budget, and manage all costs taking responsibility for the P&L, working with Finance to report and manage net revenue, costs and operational profit.
- Maintain and review all terms of agreements with wholesale contracts and accounts and be accountable for the distribution for the brand.
- Wholesale Sales Manager specialising in premium womenswear high street fashion.
- Active network of department store and boutique contacts in the UK.
- Entrepreneurial mindset confident to establish a new wholesale channel.
- Able to conform to shifting priorities and demands and timelines.
- Analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Strong written and oral communications.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and experience.