Senior Product Developer
As Senior Product Developer reporting into the PD Manager you will be working closely with the design team with responsibility for ensuring the timely development of the women’s runway and commercial collections for this luxury women’s RTW brand.
The successful Senior Product Developer will be highly organised and proactive with experience developing Women’s Ready-to-Wear for a runway brand working with CMT factories in Italy, the UK and Europe on both commercial and runway collections. Experience working with complex styles, prints and embellishments is essential along with proficient use of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Executing the development process in a timely way by creating detailed spec sheets for all products and issuing to factories with accurate and clear info as well as target prices.
- Daily contact with European and UK based factories via email and telephone to develop and deliver proto types and samples in line with strict Critical Path and commercial business requirements.
- Visiting factories to launch prototypes and samples where appropriate.
- Sourcing and development of all raw materials and components.
- Ensure the creation of detailed technical sketches for the factories and component suppliers.
- Assessment of all proto types and samples to ensure spec/brief has been correctly adhered to. Manage any errors/issues with proto types or samples in a proactive and dynamic way.
- Ensure the product is in line with the company’s target accessories margin and expected retail price, without compromising the brands quality standards
- Working with the factory, Sales and Production to ensure functionality and technical performance of product is in line with the consumer expectation of a luxury brand.
- Product Developer or Senior PD with at least 5 years’ experience developing Women’s Ready-to-Wear & Commercial collections for a luxury brand.
- Adaptable and able to work in fast paced studio environment.
- Proficient in Excel, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Diplomatic and clear communicator, as this role requires you to have relationships across all areas of the business.
- Strong commercial understanding of construction techniques for multi-product womenswear.
- Proactive in researching new manufacturing techniques.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.