Senior Fabric Technologist
The Senior Fabric Technologist is the perfect role for a fabric expert specialising in multi-product menswear and womenswear for the contemporary fashion market. Working closely with the design, fabric and sample room teams, you will be collaborating on the global fabric sourcing strategy to enable the business to optimise it’s sourcing focus across both new fabric developments and core lines with emphasis on ensuring the best quality at the right price reflecting brand DNA and the seasonal collection plans with monthly deliveries to global stores.
The ideal applicant will be highly knowledgeable in the sourcing, technical compliance and pricing of a wide range of global fabric for the contemporary fashion market with experience in mens and womenswear focusing mainly on wovens.
- Working with the design, fabric and sample room on the sourcing, development and purchasing of sampling and production fabrics for all categories encompassing; soft separates, shirting, occasionwear, outerwear, casualwear, resort and tailoring.
- Work closely with the fabric teams on sourcing and technical compliance.
- Collaborate on bulk fabric prices with the Sourcing Manager.
- Participate in the sourcing of fabric with factories on fully factored product.
- Drive fabric resourcing for production working closely with the Sourcing and Design teams.
- Identify and propose new qualities, finishes and treatments.
- Ensure that minimum and lead time information is available at pre-buy stage in the season.
- Ensure that fabric test reports are compatible with the product developed for production.
- Senior Fabric Technologist with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in fabric sourcing and technical compliance for a commercial luxury or contemporary fashion brand.
- Experience sourcing fabrics for both mens and womenswear.
- Expertise in fabric development and technical compliance across a wide range of mens and womenswear fabrics including soft separates, tailoring, outerwear, resort, casualwear and occasionwear.
- Comprehensive knowledge and connections with global mills and agents.
- Positive and clear communication skills.
- Strong organisation and negotiation skills.