Assistant Merchandiser- Evans
A BIT ABOUT EVANS
Evans is the leading fashion brand flying the flag for real, feminine figures everywhere. We have a truly dedicated following in the UK and Ireland, with approximately 200 stores nationwide and a growing global operation across Europe, the Far East and the Middle East as part of the Arcadia Group. Wherever they are, our customers can also access our full range of fabulous fashion on our award winning website at Evans.co.uk. To keep delighting our customers, we are constantly striving to exceed their expectations; through our head-turning fashion, second to none service and proportion perfect fit.
Over the years we have collaborated with fashion icons such as Beth Ditto from the Gossip and high end designers such as Ann Louise Roswald and more recently Clements Ribeiro and Alex Monroe. All this hard work has been rewarded with fantastic recognition from both the public and the fashion industry for many years, having been voted the Best 16+ Retailer in the Prima High Street Fashion Awards every year since 2000 and the Best Plus-Size Collection in the Company High Street Fashion Awards for 2 years running. We attribute our success to an in-depth knowledge about what our customers are looking for, many years of experience, and most importantly our passion for fashion, whatever the size!
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Merchandiser to join one of our brands, Evans. This is a fast paced and competitive role and we are looking for applications from existing Assistant Merchandisers.
Your main responsibilities in an Assistant Merchandising role will be assisting the Merchandiser in the Commercial Operation of your department by delivering a product offer that exceeds customer expectations and achieves sales and profit targets through effective supply chain management.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- You will be responsible for the smooth day to day operation of the Merchandising department.
- Support the creation of the new season's sales and range plans for your chosen product area/range.
- Monitor department sales performance and identify opportunities and risks.
- Participate in trade meetings.
- Manage the supply chain.
- Develop and manage the MAA in order to develop them to the next stage in their career.
- Manage the Merchandising element of the critical path to ensure deadlines are met.
- Undertake store visits and competitor shops to assess your department against your competition.
- Evaluate supplier performance regarding pricing, reliability, timing and accuracy.
- Develop strong relationships both within your own team and across functions.
In order to be successful for an Assistant Merchandiser role, you will have;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the confidence to deal with people at all levels.
- Commercial awareness.
- Proven demonstration of analytical skills.
- A good knowledge of Merchandising systems.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A strong eye for detail.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
- Advanced Excel Skills.
THE EXCITING PART
• Generous holiday with holiday trading
• 25% staff discount
• Early finish summer hours
• A special treat when you join us!
• Access to sample sales
• Regular team and company social events
• Pension scheme
• Company bonus scheme
• Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.
Apply for Assistant Merchandiser- Evans
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly