Data Governance Manager
A BIT ABOUT
Operating at the heart of our business, Shared Services offer efficiencies to all of our Brands by providing centralised resources and competitive synergies for the Group. The Shared Services teams work across all Brands and are responsible for a huge range of activities from delivering product to over 30 countries worldwide, to achieving award winning store designs and handling 100,000 Customer Care calls each year. Within Shared Services there are over 1,000 employees working across 16 distinctive departments including IT, Finance, HR, Logistics, PR, Property, Digital and Purchasing.
Assemble a Data Governance Steering Group and drive the discussion, definition, agreement and adoption of data standards to ensure consistency in the understanding and usage of data across the business.
Work with key stakeholders drawn from Arcadia’s business and IT functions to improve the quality, consistency and completeness of data.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- Work with senior management teams in the business to assemble a Steering Group to oversee the development and deployment of a Data Governance strategy.
- Produce a draft Data Governance Strategy and work with the Data Governance Steering Group to refine and agree that strategy.
- Identify the business critical data items for which standard definitions need to be defined, agreed and applied across the Arcadia business.
- For each business critical data item, work with appropriate stakeholders to identify the impact of inconsistent data definitions and identify the most effective and practical options to address those inconsistencies.
- Work with the Data Governance Steering Group to review and agree the proposed options for addressing inconsistencies in the definition and usage of business critical data items.
- Work with appropriate stakeholders within Arcadia to successfully implement or apply the agreed definitions for business critical data items.
- Work with subject matter experts within the business to drive the development and publication of data dictionaries for all business critical data sets and data items.
- Ensure all data dictionaries and agreed data definitions are clearly communicated to all relevant stakeholders and are published on a central portal that can easily be accessed and searched by all those stakeholders.
- Identify any gaps in the collection or retention of data needed to support the analysis and reporting requirements of the business and work with the Data Governance Steering Group to justify and initiate projects to address those gaps.
- Work with subject matter experts within the business to identify and understand the impact of data quality errors or inconsistencies in source data and assess how best to address those errors or inconsistencies.
- Work with subject matter experts within the business to identify the need for (and the potential benefits of) better master data management, in particular, with regard to the need to create accurate and reliable ‘single views’ of customer, supplier, service partner, carrier, franchise and wholesaler.
- In due course, work with the Data Governance Steering Group to justify the initiation of projects to deliver those ‘single views’.
- Previous experience in the Retail industry, ideally in the fashion sector.
- Experience of working in senior analysis and reporting roles in Finance, Merchandising, Planning, Supply Chain Management, Marketing or Business Intelligence functions.
- A thorough understanding of the challenges faced by business users when attempting to report on data sourced from different systems and based on different definitions.
- A practical appreciation of how poor data quality undermines the ability of decision makers from using that data with confidence to understand and manage the business.
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams to deliver a strategic or tactical change programme.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and the force of personality to work effectively with the most senior business and IT stakeholders in Arcadia.
- Ideally educated to Degree level with previous experience of working with ERP systems from Microsoft, Oracle or SAP.
THE EXCITING PART
- Generous holiday with holiday trading
- 25% staff discount
- Early finish summer hours
- A special treat when you join us!
- Access to sample sales
- Regular team and company social events
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.
Apply for Data Governance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly