Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Design department to develop the initial technical specification packs to enable suppliers to proceed with proto sampling.
- Manage and co-ordinate fit meetings. Prepare development samples for fit the meetings; this will include measuring, inspecting samples and making preparatory notes for discussion.
- Where Reiss patterns are used, working closely with the pattern room at all stages of development. To ensure suppliers have followed through on methods of construction requested via the pattern.
- Responsible for sending accurate and timely technical comments, liaising with suppliers on daily basis, to ensure technical information they have received is understood and ensure the required technical standards are maintained.
- Liaising with the Production, Design and Technical managers on any quality issues, to be pro active in resolving and implementing solutions to any problems.
- To raise and submit to suppliers accurate graded specification sheets for production.
- To use Technical expertise to help improve and or maintain margin.
- Responsible for updating the Reiss critical path system on all events action during the fitting / development process.
Experience / Skills:
- Has experience as a Garment Technologist in Womenswear.
- Works well in a demanding and fast moving environment.
- The ability to manage a constantly changing work load and be flexible.
- Demonstrates full understanding of the required production standards at Reiss.
- Has basic Pattern Making Skills and is competent and confident to fit garments and send comments for amendments without a physical pattern.
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships with Design, Production and Technical team members.
- Is a team player and is also self motivated.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good organisational skills.
- Demonstrates a 'can do' attitude to work.
- The ability to analyse problems and offer solutions / problem solve.
- Computer literate with good Microsoft office skills.
Apply for Garment Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly