Head of Merchandising
My Client is a family owned general merchandise business who are looking for a Head or Merchandising in the North West.
My Client is looking for a Head of Merchandising in the North West. They are a family owner business and have experienced continued growth and success. They have experienced a 10% growth in sales and market share over the last two years. They are an industry specialist and are experts in their field.
Head of Merchandising Role profile:
- To work with the Senior Management team across Merchandising and Product to develop and drive the brand and business strategy across all channels.
- To lead and inspire high performance within the teams to drive trading and strengthen the brands position in the market.
- To manage the supply base and ensure effective distribution of stock to potentialise product performance across all channels.
- Develops strategic range planning solutions to potentialise the opportunity that cohesive co-ordinated ranges give for sales growth.
- Plans correct level of margin enhanced promotional product to minimise risk and reduce mark-down percentage
- Displays an in-depth, customer-focused knowledge of market and trends and channel performance.
- Develops a sound supply policy for the Brand, striving for consistent best practice partnerships. Foresees future weaknesses / needs and suggests possible solutions.
- Ensures effective distribution of stock to potentialise product performance.
- Operates an effective / timely product sign off process, appropriate for product lead-time.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment with solid merchandising experience.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, constantly evolving environment.
- Strategic Awareness & Thinking - Ability to initiate new strategic direction for business and realise the objectives. Develop new ideas, consider potential outcomes and develop action plan.
- Commerciality - skilled at finding opportunities to achieve profit in any situation, trading mentality to support and develop product areas.
- Results driven - committed to making things happen, ability to juggle initiatives and able to prioritise those that will have bigger impact on business.
- Trading mentality - Ability to work at pace, challenge results and information to drive for results.
- Problem Solving - ability to gather all key information and then use logic and creativity to propose solutions.
- Persuasion & Influence - ability to present facts, opinions and proposals persuasively to colleagues, Senior Management team and Merchandise team that instils confidence, buy in to ideas and commitment to making things happen.
£50,000 - £60,000 + Package