Senior Textile Designer
Our client established their business in 1902 and remains a family run business in its fifth generation. Based in Nottinghamshire, UK, the company is an international leader in the design and marketing of exclusive furnishing and upholstery fabrics, wallcoverings and trimmings for residential and contract interiors. Their reputation for offering excellent designs and qualities is built on two important factors: exclusive designs by a team of experienced designers; and close working relationships with carefully chosen expert weavers and printers. They now have a rare opening within their East Midlands based design team for an experienced Senior Textile Designer, with exceptional talent and creativity, to join the team working on an exclusive and dynamic collection.
Senior Textile Designer: The Role
- This role reports into the Brand Director.
- Creating original, unique designs for a variety of applications.
- Actively researching into design and colour trends.
- Interpreting trends appropriately for the brand.
- Working proactively with all members of the design, buying and production teams, supporting and developing business relationships to ensure successful results at all levels of the product journey.
- Liaising with suppliers to provide feedback on trials and developments throughout the design and production process.
- Visiting suppliers to assist in overseeing fabric and wallcovering production.
Senior Textile Designer: The Candidate
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a Textile Designer in a commercial setting.
- A high achieving degree in Textile Design or similar qualification.
- Be a dedicated, passionate and industrious designer with an aspirational taste level to meet the complexity of this role.
- Good knowledge of all aspects of the commercial fabric printing and production process including digital, rotary and flat bed.
- Strong knowledge and previous experience of CAD.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work closely with all members of the design team and with other relevant departments.
- Be flexible and practical with task management and with an ability to work under pressure and within time scales.
- Exceptional organisational skills
- A sound understanding of Intellectual Property rights and all aspects of copyright related design.
Senior Textile Designer: The Package
- Competitive salary offered.
Please note, due to anticipated interest in this role, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Apply for Senior Textile Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly