Our client established their business in 1902 and remains a family run business in its fifth generation. Based in Nottinghamshire, UK, the company is an international leader in the design and marketing of exclusive furnishing and upholstery fabrics, wallcoverings and trimmings for residential and contract interiors. Their reputation for offering excellent designs and qualities is built on two important factors: exclusive designs by a team of experienced designers; and close working relationships with carefully chosen expert weavers and printers. They now have a rare opening within their East Midlands based design team for a Textile Designer, who is highly creativity, to join their team.
Textile Designer: The Role
- - This role reports into the Brand Director.
- - Creating original, unique designs for a variety of applications.
- - Actively researching into design and colour trends.
- - Collaborating with colleagues focusing on colouring and design development.
- - Visiting the printers to help oversee production.
- - Liaising with suppliers to provide feedback on trials and developments throughout the design and production process.
- - Visiting suppliers to assist in overseeing fabric and wallcovering production.
Textile Designer: The Candidate
- A high achieving degree in Textile Design or similar qualification.
- Proven experience in the textile industry is essential.
- Be a dedicated, passionate and industrious designer with an aspirational taste level to meet the complexity of this role.
- Exceptional drawing and design skills with a strong knowledge and previous experience of CAD.
- Have an excellent sense of colour and a good understanding of printing and weaving techniques.
- Candidates will also need to demonstrate the ability to work well as part of a team, have flexibility with their work approach and demonstrate strong organisational and communication skills.
Textile Designer: The Package
- Competitive salary offered.
Please note, due to anticipated interest in this role, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Apply for Textile Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly